How much are you eating per day

dread2dmax
on 3/5/07 11:29 pm - Upper Marlboro, MD
Hello, I am six months out today. Down from 242.5 to 158.5. Questions - how many calories do you eat per day? Are you still doing protein shakes? If so, how many? Is there anything that you still can't eat? For me it is chicken breast, no matter how I cook it, it does not like me. Any responses will be greatly appreciated. thank! Lisa
Teri D.
on 3/6/07 2:44 am - Dowagiac, MI
Lisa, Wow, you are doing great. I am eating about 900 calories a day as far as i can tell.I still do 2-3 protein drinks a day and 3 meals. I really dont have anything i cant eat-some things i havent tried like high fat or sugar- but some foods fill me up really fast like pork and steak. If i do not do protein drinks, i eat atkins bars or something equivalant. Keep up the good work! teri
CyndiU
on 3/6/07 9:42 am - Hartford, SD
I am terrible and don't keep track. I've had the stomach flu and so am not eating much lately. However, I try to eat six small meals a day. Never did protein shakes as my doctor doesn't believe in them. He thinks we need to eat healthy and get our proteins, minerals, and vitamins there. I cannot do milk and milk products as they make me sick. I don't tolerate them well. However, everything else seems to go OK. I'm careful to really chew food well. I started at heaviest weight of 316ish, consult weight of 308, surgery weight of 303 and am now down to 173 -175. Congratulations on your weight loss. Sounds like you're doing a great job.
Jennifer K.
on 3/6/07 3:09 am - Phoenix , AZ
I aim for around 1000 calories a day, 40-60g protein and 60-80g carbs. I no longer do the protein shakes (my surgeon only wants his patients drinking them for the first 3-4 months) but sometimes drink the Isopure protein drinks if I am having a bad protein week. I can tolerate pretty much everything I eat... only thing I find is some salsas bothers my pouch and a lot of the fake sugars give me gas (I am fine with real sugar and spenlda thou!). I have found that the texture of fried foods (especially chicken and french fries) dont move thru my pouch well so I avoid (which is a good thing!!). Congrats on your weight loss so far!!! That is great! My highest was 288, at surgery 252 and am now 180... just 25 more pounds until goal!
***AlyCat ***
on 3/7/07 12:02 am - Panama City, FL
Hello Lisa congrats on your weight loses your doing great! As for me I eat between 700 -800 calories per day I am told I should be eating more but I'm doing the best I can. As for the protein shake yes I still have one per day and I will until I am 1 yr post-op because that is what my doc wants. I can't eat red meat of any kind or drink milk because it makes me really, really sick... Then again I have a really picky tummy I can never tell what's going to upset it or not! What I can eat one day I may not be able to eat the next... Oh well!
Elisa V. from
Houston, TX

on 3/20/07 8:39 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 06/27/06 with
I'm eating 1800-2000 calories per day. I exercise an hour a day and work out with a personal trainer twice a week, so I'm eating more protein and carbs to support my increase in muscle mass.
Elisa V. from
Houston, TX

on 3/20/07 8:41 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 06/27/06 with
P.S. I drink two protein shakes per day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 626 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 719 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 802 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 656 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views