Has anyone notice there feet got smaller?

***AlyCat ***
on 3/22/07 1:52 am - Panama City, FL
Ok let me tell you my little story... I had to get some new shoes because the ones I have been wearing are just too BIG... So hubby takes me to both the Army and Air base here in Germany to find new shoes but they had nothing I liked in my size Grrrrrrr. Ok so that means I just have to find something out in town ok no problem right..? Oh was I wrong!!! LOL... I walked around for like 4hr and found nothing, then I got lost had to try and talking to people to find my way back (I don't speak German) so I was ready to give up and go back to the hotel when I came across a shoes store called "Street walker" oh did I have a laugh when I saw that. Anyway I thought what the hell I have tried the other shoes stores. I was a happy girl when I got inside they had what I was looking for and in my size too! The shoes I went in the store with are a size 10 the shoes I came out with are a size 8 WOW!!!! The really funny part is that the 2 guys that worked there practically fell over each other to help me. I got a good laugh out of it! But wow how did my feet get so small???
michigirl
on 3/22/07 3:33 am - Hawthorne, CA
Hi Aly- Hope you are having a good time in Germany. I know I always had to buy longer shoes to account for the FFS. (Fat Foot Syndrome) Even if they were a wide shoe I had to do that. I measured my foot last fall and they were a 7.5. I usually had to wear 9 or 9.5 for the width. I actually got new slippers at x-mas that are a 7. I was a 6.5 in high school but I doubt I will go back to that. I have had 2 children after all. So what did the shoes look like? I kept thinking as I was reading your story that you were going to say you could have found shoes at the very first store had you known your foot was so dainty now. heehee Michelle
Lori .
on 3/22/07 5:22 am - Shuswaps, Canada
Everything shrinks, cept I haven't surveyed the guys about all of their anatomy (I really don't want to know!). I used to have to order my shoes online, because I could rarely find double width shoes here. I haven't gone out to try on new shoes yet, but my shoes are definitely too big width wise, and I am now wearing some of my sister's size 8.5 (I used to be 9.5WW). I am sooooo looking forward to better selection and cheaper shoes. So were the guys tripping over themselves to serve you because you are such a sexy mama now? Lori
KC
on 3/22/07 6:06 am - Houston, TX
This is funny - people keep mentioning this and I went into a store last fall and tried to get a half size smaller shoe (they didn't have what I wanted in 10s) and it was too small. Now, my feet feel smaller. I have pumps that I haven't been able to wear in years that now fit, in fact fall off. But I still can't buy a smaller size. Weird?
Jennifer K.
on 3/23/07 12:01 am - Phoenix , AZ
I was wearing a 10 at the time of surgery... in Dec I had to buy 9 1/2s.. some of my 10s were way to big and got rid of them... kept buying 9 1/2s... well in Feb I went down to a 9!!!!! Ive had to get rid of all the 10s and even some 9 1/2s!
Alice_D
on 3/27/07 1:33 am
I went from a size 9 to an size 8 shoe I was so excited. I would get up out of my chair and my shoes would fall off I thought it was just me, but when I went to buy a new pair they were to big my husband and I were shocked. I tried on many shoes just because I could hehehe! I haven't posted in a long time. I check in when I can I am 9months out and lost 130 lbs it seems everybody is doing so great if give me support just reading your post. Thank you all
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 626 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 719 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 802 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 656 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views