I have an ulcer.

Gram
on 4/7/07 8:52 pm - Northern Lower, MI
I was having such bad pain the last 2 days and went to urgent care in my town and the Dr on call wasnt familiar with gastric patients and suggested I go to ER. So I called my surgoen that is 1 hour away and he said to go to ER and they would call him in. SO we get there and then they do the scope thinking I had a blockage but nope its a nasty ulcer that has been there for awhile he said. Yes I have had some pain off and on thinking only that I hadnt chewed enough or something like that. So now on nexium 2 times aday and back to liquids for a few days too. I also just wanted to say HAPPY EASTER to everyone and have a wonderful day. Hugs Debbie M
Robin R.
on 4/8/07 1:11 am - Livonia, MI
Happy Easter! I am glad you found out what the problem was and it is treatable with medication. Robin
Carolyn L.
on 4/8/07 10:45 pm - Northborough, MA
I'm so sorry to hear you have an ulcer. They thought I had an ulcer but after I had an upper GI they found out I had a slight stricture instead. Do they think the Nexium is going to take care of it or are they thinking that they'll need to operate? Good Luck, Carolyn
Gram
on 4/9/07 12:05 am - Northern Lower, MI
I am hoping that it takes care of it. I have to have another scope in 6 weeks to see if it is helping or not so..... Glad yours was ok too. Take care. Debbie M
CyndiU
on 4/10/07 11:17 am - Hartford, SD
What does it feel like. Sometimes after I eat, I start feeling this terrible pain like a mouse crawling down my tummy right by my pouch. I've been thinking maybe I should go see my doc. What do you think?
Carolyn L.
on 4/10/07 8:56 pm - Northborough, MA
I was having burning in my pouch, but I definitely think you should call your surgeon. They should know about any unusual pain!
KC
on 4/9/07 12:34 am - Houston, TX
Happy Easter, a day late. Hope all goes well for your ulcer and the nexium works for you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 623 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 716 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 794 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 653 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 712 views