Unrecognizeable

CyndiU
on 4/10/07 11:45 am - Hartford, SD
I went to a class. Once there I sat next to a very good friend that I've not seen in a year. We used to travel to school (45 min. one way) as non-trad students each day, for two years. We talked about everything...and did everything together - yeah, even slept together in a twin bed during a snow storm. Well, I sat next to her and even laughed with her and made some funky joke...she was not the friend I knew and I could not figure out why. All of a sudden, she jumped up, yelled "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and gave me a big hug. It took her that long to recognize me. LOL. and just had to share with my Junebugs.
MsSmiles
on 4/10/07 5:49 pm - Winona, MS
It's it a wonderful feeling? I was a McDonalds last Sat. (picking up something for my kids). I gave my order and joked with the cashier for a min and then stepped back to wait for my order. Then I realized my cousin ( haven't seen her since last Aug) was at the cashier she was in line right behind me. After she gave her order she came and stood next to me and was looking at me real strange. I said "hi Hazel" and she was like WOW! I thought I recognized your voice. (my voice?!). She said " You sound like Lisa but you don't look like Lisa. Have you lost weight?" I said Um, yeah a few. May I just add that when she said I didn't "look like Lisa" she had her arms streached out a mile apart. I was happy that she said I looked good but I was very hurt about the mile-apart-arms. Anyway just thought I'd share. I'm glad your encounter with your friend went well.
sharyn_pear
on 4/10/07 6:37 pm - Australia
Hehehehehehhe isn't it great. I've had people walk past me and I've said..Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lolol. On one hand I smile to myself and then I find myself thinking... gee did I look that bad? lol. Well done and thanks for sharing Sharyn
Lori .
on 4/11/07 3:04 am - Shuswaps, Canada
I love it! I went to my old job and saw people I supervised for 5 years. Everyone is in cubicles so heard my voice. It was fun to see the puzzled looks on peoples' faces as they poked their heads out. So many people walked by me and did a double take when I started to talk to someone. What a feeling. People were very direct though--asking how I did it. Thankfully I felt comfortable enough to say that I had surgery, and everyone across the board was very supportive--even those who were close to me who tried to talk me out of it before I had surgery. (I worked mostly with nurses who were worried about the morbidity and mortality rates of the surgery). Anyways, Cyndi, thanks for sharing your story. It is very incredible that so many of us have had similar experiences. Lori
KC
on 4/12/07 1:15 am - Houston, TX
Congrats! That's so wonderful. I love it too!
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 623 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 716 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 794 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 653 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 712 views