Got a date for my Tummy Tuck!

Carolyn L.
on 4/24/07 6:24 am - Northborough, MA
I talked to my plastic surgeon's office today and I have a date for my tummy tuck! It's going to be June 26th, the week after my kids get out of school. The timing is just what I was hoping for. Unfortunately, I won't be able to swim during our 2 week beach vacation 3 weeks later, but that's a small price to pay. Luckily I have a HUGE extended family down there so there are plenty of people to swim with the kids. I guess I'll just have to lounge on the sand and make my hubby carry everything!
Gentle_Persuasion
on 4/24/07 7:27 am - Alexandria, MN
Congrats! Is your insurance paying for it? Do you have rashes with your excess skin? Where are you getting it done? I am starting to look into it. How much is it gonna cost at your surgeon? Thanks for the info. Any helpful hints on when looking into this?
Carolyn L.
on 4/24/07 9:45 am - Northborough, MA
Actually, since I don't have any rashes and my only complaint is trouble having an "o". I was told by a few doctors that insurance wouldn't even talk to me. In some ways it make the whole thing a lot simpler. I'm just getting a tummy tuck in this go around. I may get a breast lift with implants at some later date in a few years. I'm having my surgery done with Dr Cynthia Poulos at Marlborough Hsptl. Since I'm not getting a lower body lift or anything too complex I chose to go with a smaller hospital. As for cost, the surgeon's fee is $5,775 and the hospital fee is $2,066 (without an overnight stay, $502 more with) for a total of $7,841. As for looking into it, get referrals and recommendations on timing from your surgeon, PCP and/or GYN. Everyone's situation is so different. Carolyn
Robin R.
on 4/24/07 9:24 pm - Livonia, MI
Congratulations! Isn't it exciting??? Robin
Carolyn L.
on 4/25/07 4:20 am - Northborough, MA
I'm very excited. Now I just have to work out the kiddo details... you know, dropping them off at camp, picking them up, stuff like that. My husband is in the middle of a MAJOR merger at work that is supposed to be "completed" in early July (he's in charge of the systems part of it) so he can't take a lot of time off. Time to call in the grandparents!
Jennifer K.
on 4/24/07 11:02 pm - Phoenix , AZ
Congrats!!! I see the surgeon in 2 weeks and cant wait to get the process started! Ill make sure and come back to post the costs here once I get them. I am hoping to have my breasts, arms and circumfrencial TT done together and then another surgery for the thigh lift... we will see! I look forward to hearing your report on how it went and see pictures!
Carolyn L.
on 4/25/07 4:29 am - Northborough, MA
I plan on getting my hubby to take the "before" pics soon. They shouldn't be too graphic. Luckily my arms look good and my legs aren't too bad. My PS told me my breasts and ass could wait for later surgeries and the extra cost for splitting the surgeries up was only about $500 so it was worth it for me since I'm self pay all the way. I'll probably wait another 2 years before the next surgery and another year or 2 before the one after that if ever. Give the family time to save and recover between my surgeries. Besides my RNY, I had a lesion removed from my nose in Nov of last year and in 2004 I had a D&C AND and combined endrometrial ablasion and tubal ligation due to excessive bleeding which knocked me out for a while. Not to mention the fact that I almost died in childbirth (c-section) in 2000. Let's just say my husband had some mixed feelings about me being put under again. I've been in surgery a few too many times since we were married in '98.
Cheri C.
on 5/26/07 1:26 pm - Juneau, AK
Carolyn, Congrats on your PS date. We've come a long way, Baby!! Please keep us posted on how you do. I'm starting to look into that for myself as well as the thigh lift and boob job. Didn't think I would ever go do down this road but there's nothing left there!! Enjoy your vacation - great timing for recovering. It's really good to see you. Cheri
Elisa V. from
Houston, TX

on 6/12/07 9:11 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 06/27/06 with
Good luck with yourtummy tuck! I have a PS consult on June 20th.
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 624 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 718 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 795 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 655 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views