Checking in

michigirl
on 5/1/07 4:26 am - Hawthorne, CA
Howdy fellow June Bugs- I had my second round of kidney stone blasting on Friday. It went well and was much better than the first round last month. I am happy to have it over with. The urologist changed my potassium K-tabs to potassium citrate. This is supposed to be better for people prone to kidney stones. Or at least the type I get. I have my one year WLS check-up on Thursday so will check with them to make sure it is okay with them. I am having my appt a month early since I will be losing my Kaiser insurance when I get laid off May 31st. I did the labs last week and everything looks good. I will see if they make any adjustments to my supplements. I have been having pain in my lower, left groin area that usually happens when I am gassy or constipated. So I will have them check that out. Now that my kidney stones are gone it cannot be blamed on that. To date I have lost 134lbs. I am wearing a 14 pants but they are huge in the legs. Haven't found a 12 that fits in the stomach though. I did manage to find a "Hot" pair of skin tight jeans that are a 14. I love them. I wasn't going to buy anymore pants since I will not be working this summer but they looked so good on me and were less than $17 on the clearance rack at Fashion Bug. What really amazes me is that I have purchased a few pairs of lounge type pants/shorts that are size medium. WTH!!! When did I ever wear a medium? Never is the answer to that. I am very unhappy with my upper arms and upper thighs. They are so saggy and wrinkled. They bother me much more than my stomach. In the center, front my stomach only sags a little. It is at the hips that I have a big overhang. So while it bothers me my arms and legs bug me more. I am now in the market for hiking boots for our Yosemite trip that is coming up in a couple weeks. I have been using the treadmill on elevation 8 at 2.2mph to get ready for the hills in Yosemite. My sister suggested I get the hiking boots and break them in on the treadmill. So I will go at lunch to see what I can find. So how is everyone else doing? Michelle in SoCal
Teri D.
on 5/1/07 6:30 am - Dowagiac, MI
glad to hear things are going well, i am down 147 since surgery. wearing a 14 bottom and m-l tops. wow, what a change. it is great. i know what you mean about the skin, i wont wear sleeveless or shorts, oh well, small price to pay. teri
Jennifer K.
on 5/1/07 10:22 pm - Phoenix , AZ
Let me start off with the good side of how I am doing I am down 74lbs since surgery...110lbs in total since the beginning of my journey. I am wearing a 12/14 in pants... seems as the sizes go down everything I find is all low rise, super low rise etc and I need a little extra to cover the spare tire. I am in a large top as well. Now the complaining I havent lsot weight in 5 weeks!!! I have an appointment with my NUT Friday and am hoping she can shed some light... starting in March I began working out with a trainer and really keeping track of what I was eating in hopes of reaching my goal weight by 1 year out... well March I lost 3lbs the last week and havent lost since. Frustrating since I am doing more than ever and getting nowhere... but I am keeping on track still and meeting my nutritional goals and working out. Hopefully she will have some amazing answer and I can get these last 23lbs off! I also dislike my arms... the top is super toned and nice looking and the chicken wing is AWFUL... now that my arms are toned it looks even worse! Its started to hang further and develope even more stretch marks!!! ugh... my thighs arnt too bad but my stomach is awful... its still huge and I think all 23lbs I need to lose are sitting right there *sigh*. To end on a good note I see the plastic surgeon next week on Thursday for a consultation! I am excited!
KC
on 5/2/07 1:56 am - Houston, TX
Hey, lady, I am so with you on the arms. My arms bother me the most. My thighs and butt have just recently started looking really saggy too. I am stuck at 121 pound loss for at least a month. Up 2 pounds, down 2 pounds, up 2 pounds. If I would really concentrate on my eating, I could break the plateau, but I am lacking motivation right now. I'm wearing 12/14 pants and they are baggy in the butt and thighs. In fact, I took over some of my skinny husband's jeans that his beer gut out grew! I've NEVER been smaller than him - even when I was at this same weight, my butt and thighs were still bigger! Yahoo! Glad you are doing well.
brenda F.
on 5/2/07 9:23 am - whitney, TX
Girl i know what you mean ....my arms are bad ,but can't see plastics in the future for me . i think we look good ..lol.. all of us ..take care .Brenda in tx ..
Robin R.
on 5/2/07 11:33 am - Livonia, MI
I want my neck and arms fixed. Oh, but it hurts so! Maybe, I just am a big baby? LOL Don't answer that one! Do you know what my sweet hubby said? This was on day 3 post-op. After being under for 12 hours from my surgery. He says, 'you need a butt lift!' I burst into tears! LOL I can laugh about this now, but I was feeling so sorry for myself and hurting I couldn't take it! How do people do more than 2 things? I still can't get out of my recliner without help. Thank goodness for my rotten hubby! ;) I love that man! Robin
Lori .
on 5/3/07 4:47 am - Shuswaps, Canada
Hey Michelle, Keep up the great work. Hiking boots on the treadmill, the visual is pretty funny. I am down 131, with a huge slow down in the past few months of course. Same story as always, I could be making better food choices most days, and that would speed things up. However, overall my eating habits are much improved from pre-surgery. I do find that I am hngry all the time now and back to thinking about (?obsessing about) food again. I am planning on the breast lift, hopefully this winter, and then a panni or tummy tuck. If I just go for the panni, I am going back to my wls surgeon, and will hopefully be covered. Otherwise, I need to start saving the money and I'll get a tummy tuck with an anchor incision. If I win the lottery, I'll do something with my turkey neck. My legs are bad right by the thigh crease, but otherwise I can overlook that area. My martial arts training is still going well. I started coaching my son's soccer team and feeling better all the time. I do have days though where I am soooooo tired and dizzy. I'll get that checked out tomorrow at the doc. It's great to hear updates from everyone. Lori
GeekGirl
on 5/10/07 6:58 am - Billings, MT
Well I'm down about 110 lbs, and weigh around 128 at the moment. Taking a size 4-6 pant, or small, and medium shirt. Still got boobies - I'm still at least a C if not a D cup. I wasn't expecting to stay so busty, but it is what it is. I'm dying to have plastic surgery done. I will probably have to wait until next year so I have enough vacation time. My boobs are just sad. They look fine in a bra, but are almost down to my belly button with it off. And I have an ugly big amount of loose skin on my tummy and upper arms. I've joined the company softball team, and have been getting piercings as rewards for the weight loss. We'll be buying me some new backpacking gear here soon so we can start backpacking in the mountains again. (Montana - all there is to do is wilderness stuff.) Had my gallbladder out a few months ago, but still having extreme pain. I'm not happy with my surgeon's post-op care. His office is really rude and tend to not call me back. I'm 3 hours away, and the drive is all 2-way backroads through nowhere, so it's a pain to go in for my follow-up appointments. Especially since they just last 5 minutes. Thanks! I drive a total of 6 hours in one day just for a 5 minute appointment. Lovely. Anyway, just went on a shopping spree yesterday and bought some girly clothes, new softball clothes, and stuff for mountain biking. It's too tempting to go to the mall since I can actually wear all the junior's fashions I like. Glad to hear most of you are doing well! Keep up the good work! - Christine
GeekGirl
on 5/10/07 7:01 am - Billings, MT
Michelle, have you tried junior pants? You may need a 16 since they tend to run small and don't leave much room for hips, but they tend to not be so baggy in the legs while fitting fine in the waist.
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 624 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 718 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 795 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 655 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views