My plastic surgery woes (long)

Lori .
on 5/2/07 6:52 am - Shuswaps, Canada
Well, a couple months back I asked for a referral to a PS for a breast lift. THe guy I was referred to couldn't see me until at least the fall of 2008. I later heard from a couple of RN coworkers that I should go to someone else, because this surgeon has a high complication rate and poor technique. So I asked for a referral to someone else. The consult wait time for the next guy, and almost anyone else I could go to is 3-4 years. I have actually been on the wait list for a breast reduction longer than I had been on a wait list for WLS--4 years so far. Anyways, it looks like I might be able to see the surgeon in my previous province who had me on the weight list for breast reduction, I am just going to show up and let her figure out that the surgical plan needs a little revision, otherwise I am going to be stuck with these wrinkly, itchy, doubleD sacks of air for another 4+ years. I'll have them scratched raw, right off my rib cage by then. The panni is a whole other thing. Since the wait for PS is so ridiculously long, I am planning on going back to my wls general surgeon. He does the pannis as follow-up. I know I can't afford a tummy tuck. It probably won't look as pretty as what a PS would do, but I'm not expecting to have a need for good asthetics in most situations anyways. I'll just be happy to be rid of the extra skin and all the related mess. Universal healthcare is a blessed thing in principal but damned limited in practice. Lori
michigirl
on 5/3/07 12:24 pm - Hawthorne, CA
Hi Lori- Sounds like lots of waiting. That is hard. I agree with just wanting the stomach skin gone and not worrying how pretty it is. It will be covered by clothes anyway right? I had my 1 year appt today and they offered to refer me to plastics. I was kind of disappointed because I was not expecting them to say that. I will lose my Kaiser insurance at the end of the month so there is not time to do it. But truthfully I am not ready yet anyway. I want to lose 30lbs more so should not be having PS now anyway. So now I am telling myself when I am ready for PS I will just get a job at Kaiser so I can get the PS. Once I have Kaiser insurance again I can get the PS. Michelle
Robin R.
on 5/5/07 7:38 am - Livonia, MI
Lori, Hang in there! The waiting and fighting for all of this is terrible. I am going round and round with the Short Term Disability people regarding my surgery. They don't see how it is non-cosmetic, even though BCBS of MI paid for it because it was medical necessity! So the fun will begin again on Monday! Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 623 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 716 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 794 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 653 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 712 views