Will the scale finally move?

Jennifer K.
on 5/4/07 10:00 pm - Phoenix , AZ
I just wanted to post an update to my previous post about the scale being stuck and how hard these 23lbs have been to get off. I saw my NUT yesterday and here is what she told me... hopefully some of it can help you! My previous eating plan was 800-1000 calories/40-60g protein/60-80g carbs/30g fat She changed it to 900-1000 calories/60-70g protein/80-90g carbs/30g fat She said I was eating too much protein... I was eating on average 60-80g+ a day... she also said I was eating too much fat... I never really watched the fat because I was focused on the calories/carbs/protein... I have been eating a lot of cheese (I love it so!) and if I cut back on the cheese that will cut the fat and protein. I also need to eat more veggies... I never was huge on veggies and they slowly sneak back out of my diet... I knew she was going to tell me that so I already stocked up on some!! I asked about eating more because I was working out so much (as a few people suggested)... and mentioned how people said they were eating 1200-1500 calories around this point out... she said my surgeon only bypasses 100-110cm of the intestines on his patients so eventually to maintain I will be eating around 1100 calories. I also asked about metabolism testing and she said to wait until I was done losing to go... she said its a great tool and there was an excellent place in the area that does it and customizes it completely to you. She also said after my workout in the evening I needed to eat a "recovery carb" so basically I need some sort of carbs with dinner... she said to ask my trainer about this and he could explain more... soooo Im going to research recover carbs today. Oh... I asked if the SF popscicles counted since they have 4g carbs and she thought that was pretty funny... of course the answer was no Hopefully I will be posting soon with some good weightloss at the scale!
KC
on 5/7/07 4:51 am - Houston, TX
I'm not sure I understand - your previous eating plan was 40-60 g protein and she said that was too much? I really need to get back into fitday.com so I can track my eats. After you are doing this a week or two, can you post a sample of what you actually eat and stay on this plan?
Jennifer K.
on 5/7/07 6:35 am - Phoenix , AZ
I was eating, on average, 75-80+ g of protein a day... she said that was too much! She said to stay between 60-70g protein and dont go over. I sure will put up a plan once I get one figured out
Amy M.
on 5/7/07 7:58 am - Vail, AZ
Hi Jennifer, I wrote a desperate e-mail to the coordinator of the bariatric program that did my surgery. I felt like my surgery was no longer working because I can eat more, I get cravings and my weightloss has stopped ( I still have 32 pounds to get to goal). She recommended a doctor that specializes in hormone imbalances and also has a weightloss program. I went to see her on Friday and she ran the hormone tests. I started her nutritional program today and I haven't had any cravings. She has me eating 6 small meals per day that are 2 to 3 hours apart. They should be 200-300 calores, 15-23g carbs, 23-34g protein and 6-8 grams of fat. I will let you know if this plan works. Good luck with your weightloss and remember you're not alone. It seems like a lot of us are dealing with similar issues.
Jennifer K.
on 5/7/07 11:52 pm - Phoenix , AZ
Thats very interesting... I will ask my NUT about that next time I see her... always love to learn about the different things people do! And definately let me know if it works!!!
Elisa V. from
Houston, TX

on 5/8/07 11:54 pm - Houston, TX
RNY on 06/27/06 with
That's basically my eating plan: 6 small meals per day that are 2 to 3 hours apart; approx. 200-300 calories, 15-23g carbs, 23-34g protein and 6-8 grams of fat per meal. It's working well for me!
michigirl
on 5/8/07 2:30 am - Hawthorne, CA
Hi Jenn- I too love cheese. Recently I had started eating pre-sliced pepper jack. I never even looked at the stats on the package. Well guess what? One slice is about 100-110 calories depending on the brand. I guess I will have to stop eating so much cheese. I had my 1yr appt last week and my nut told me to just have 3 meals and a bedtime snack. He also said to up the fruits and veggies and to stop the protein drinks. Well I really enjoy my morning protein drink and it is my breakfast. He said that was OK but to be sure and make it with some milk and have some fruit with it. I really need to up my working out. I am only doing about 20 minutes a day on the treadmill. Hardly enough to do anything. I think after I get laid-off at the end of the month I will start riding my bike more. Also water aerobic season is just around the corner. Michelle
Jennifer K.
on 5/8/07 7:03 am - Phoenix , AZ
Yeah that cheese is a killer... I am on my 2nd day of cutting back the cheese... Ive only had about 500 calories!!! Sheesh! Im suppose to be at around 900-1000... definately going to take some time to figure out how to up the calories while keeping the fat low. Cheese is very high in calories and fat - which would be why I love it so much! My NUT said Sargento came out with a Tomato Basil cheese (prepackaged slices) that was pretty decent in fat... I want to say only 4-5g fat in a serving.. not sure what a serving is. Im going to check it out when I go to the store this week. Glad to year your 1 year went well... Im going to get my bloodwork done sometime this month and make my appointment... I kind of wanted to wait until it got closer to my year so hopefully I can drop more pounds and be closer to goal before going!
michigirl
on 5/8/07 7:46 am - Hawthorne, CA
I would have waited longer for my 1 year appt too but am losing my insurance at the end of the month. It about broke my heart when they offered to refer me to plastics since I will not be around o make use of the referral. Truthfully I am not ready for plastics. I have 30lbs to goal and then I will be ready. If I really, really want the plastics I can always get a job at Kaiser so I can have their insurance again. And who knows maybe my new insurance through DH work will offer to cover it. LOL! Or I could win the lottery. Michelle
Jennifer K.
on 5/8/07 10:53 pm - Phoenix , AZ
My NUT only charges 25-30$ a follow up visit for those who do not have insurance... not sure if you can work out something with your NUT or find one that will work with you. I know personally I wouldnt be able to survive at this point without her help!
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 624 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 718 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 795 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 655 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views