Scale is stuck, but new hope that I am not

Lori .
on 5/15/07 9:42 am - Shuswaps, Canada
Hi everyone, I have been frustrated with the scale not moving for some time. One of my clients went out of town for about 6 weeks and came back for the first time today. She made a comment about how good I looked and that I must have lost a lot of weight. Well, the scale hasn't moved an inch in all that time. Well that's not true, it goes up, it goes down, but mostly it just stays in the same place. So I am about 161 at the moment. So I guess that I must be toning and getting leaner. We kind of laughed about that and she made a comment about how muscle weighs twice as much as fat. So think about it, if I was all fat I could weigh under a hundred pounds right now--haha. So all you in the same boat (and I know you are out there), keep the faith. Our brains might not be able to see the changing body shape yet but others probably can. This still begs the question, why do my pants not seem to be getting looser? Lori
Teri D.
on 5/16/07 12:38 am - Dowagiac, MI
It is hard for us to see the subtle changes. I just keep trying on the stuff i have that is too small. once in a while something fits me that didnt last week, maybe you are losing it in other places?? my bras seem to be continually getting larger, was hoping had the wrong ones, but no other females in my house!!! go figure,lol.have a great day! teri
michigirl
on 5/16/07 4:18 am - Hawthorne, CA
I have been at 187 since April 19th. But I have noticed that my ring is getting bigger and my brand new skin tight jeans are no longer skin tight. So I guess we are adjusting. Michelle
DanaP
on 5/16/07 9:56 am - Longboat Key, FL
I find when the scale is not moving my body is shrinking. I will notice my skin will have major shrinkles and then the scale will drop shortly after that. My scale bounces around a few pounds up and down and then bam, I will drop 3 or 4 or 5 pounds and then I sit at that weight for weeks. I am getting use to the cycle and its bothering me less and less. Its no wonder I could never diet successfully before WLS! Dana
KC
on 5/17/07 1:28 am - Houston, TX
I agree and don't. I've been stuck between 163-167 for months. Some days I notice that my ring almost falls off, my wrists look small, my butt and collar bone sticks out but I swear my abdomin looks larger. My pants are tighter in the waist but looser in the thighs. I really need to start doing some ab exercises.
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 624 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 718 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 795 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 655 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views