I think about food all the time.

Lori .
on 5/29/07 2:02 am - Shuswaps, Canada
I have gained 4 pounds and I always feel hungry. I am hoping it is PMS weight gain, or the normal up and down fluctuations I have been experiencing, but I am worried about the trend. I know I need to get my protein back up again. I just don't seem to like much meat anymore--which has lead me to be anemic as well. Things are getting so bad that when I wake up in the middle of the night, I am thinking about what I am going to eat for breakfast. I am finding that I am grazing more and more in the evening. I had two breakfasts this morning, cereal and then a 1/2 baked potato with tzatiki sauce when I got to work. The only protein that made it in my mouth was the cereal milk. Aarrrgh! I feel so out of control. Lori
Teri D.
on 5/29/07 4:09 am - Dowagiac, MI
Lori, i do have days like that, AARGH! must get back to the basics of protein first then the other stuff, the more carbs you allow, the hungrier you will be, i find that if i eat pasatas or potatoes that i am really a lot hungrier, but they are soooooooo good! i will usually have a day that is mostly protein after a day high in carbs, seems to help me get the control back. dont let the food monster win, you have come too far to go in the backward direction! good luck, teri
Robin R.
on 5/29/07 3:05 pm - Livonia, MI
Lori, I get the hungries too. Honestly, it really scares me that I still get that way. I am going back to snacking on protein. That may not be the best for me calorie wise, but it is better than carbs. So chees sticks, cottage cheese, protein drinks, and chicken legs here I come! Hang in there...
Misty A.
on 5/31/07 5:00 am - White House, TN
Hi Lori. It sounds like it might be a stage we are all getting too because I am always munching and hungry too. Just when my weight stall lifted and I have been losing weight the past two months. And then this past month, I just want to eat all of the time. I do not know why or what is going on. I am trying to "snack" healthy. I primarily snack on fat free pretzels at least once a day. But (and a biggg BUT), I have learned about sugar free candy/chocolate. So, I have been snacking on SF turtles ane SF choclate chip cookies ..etc. And that is not going over well. I actually went through two containers of SF cookies in one day a couple of weeks ago. That is when I knew i had lost my self control. So, I got it all out the house. Whcih worked o****il I decided to get them agian and just try to eat one or two every few days. It isn't working very well because they are just sooo good. I am upset at myself for it and am really going to try and do better. I hope it is just a stage and that it passes quickly!!!
KC
on 6/3/07 10:16 am - Houston, TX
I'm right there with you too. Last week I took the time to preplan snacks and meals and things were a little better. But my teenagers are now out of school which is wreckign havoc on my sleeping patterns, which is encouraging me to grab comfort food. You are in my prayers!
kimberwhit66
on 6/4/07 8:19 am - Davison, MI
Wow, I'm so glad it's not just me (although I'm sorry you're going through this!). I just wrote my nutritionist regarding the same thing. I am snacking non-stop! I am so hungry all the time - an much hungrier than before surgery, but am too wondering if it's carb related for some of it. I know I Need to get back to basics and hopefully my nutritionist will give me some advice for that. I just can't believe how much crap I seem to put in my mouth. It's crazy! I want to keep losing.. but at this rate I'm not going to see it. I also need to get my butt back to this board more often for some motivation and support. I'm sure we'll get through this..we are talking about it, so that is one good thing! Blessings, Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 623 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 716 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 794 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 653 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 712 views