One year ago today.....

MissyG
on 6/4/07 11:51 pm - Kutztown, PA
Just wanted to stop in and give a little update. Today is my re-birthday. At this time last year I was being wheeled into the holding area to get my IV started. I cannot even begin to list all the changes that occured over the last year as I am sure most of you have had many changes as well. The biggest and most important two changes I would have to say would be the weight and divorce. I am exactly half the woman I used to be, the morning of surgery I was 288 and this morning I was 144. I am in a size 8, I cant ever remember buying single digit clothing and here I am at 30 healthier and happier than I was at 20. Unfortunately my marriage couldnt withstand all the changes. My husband became very jealous and controlling and repeatedly tried sabatoging my success. Well I guess over the alst year I learned to love myself more than loving soemone else. SO i guess I lost more baggage than I thought I had. I hope everyone else is enjoying their new lives as much as I am. I wish everyone a happy rebirthday and good luck in continuing on this amazing journey!!! Melissa
CyndiU
on 6/5/07 2:23 pm - Hartford, SD
Happy Birthday to you...happy birthday to you! It is so wonderful, this new life. Friday is my surgiversary. I wish I could say I was 1/2 the size I was but I am down 145 lbs so I'm not complaining. I'm down from 312 (recorded highest weight, not highest weight) to 170ish. Sorry about the marriage, but some things really aren't what we think they are. I'm fortunate that my hubby has been SSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO supportive. Love always, Cyndi
Lillian A.
on 6/6/07 9:13 am - East Setauket, NY
HAPPY SURGIVERSARY TO YOU TOO! I'm so happy for all your success, but am sorry about your marriage, that is a shame, he is missing out on a great girl. I know you are strong and will find happiness in your new life. Today is my surgiverdary too, and I feel wonderful as well. I look back at pictures from last year and I just can't believe I'm the same person! Lil
Lori .
on 6/7/07 6:35 am - Shuswaps, Canada
Hi Melissa, Congrats on your progress in the last year. I too, am awed by the changes we have experienced. Sorry to hear about the ending of your marriage. Your post sounds like you are maintaining a pretty healthy perspective though. In spite of that, it must be tough. Hopefully year two will bring a better balance of the good. Lori
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 623 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 716 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 794 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 653 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 712 views