Energy level & sleepliness

KC
on 6/19/07 12:05 am - Houston, TX
These two might go hand-in-hand or might not. Has anyone had problems with sleeping. I am able to fall asleep no problem. Staying asleep is another question entirely. Maybe there's too much stress and worry in my life (I have two teenagers). Wondering if anyone else has this problem. My PCP gave me a sleep aid but considering I rolling into someone on the road last week b/c I had nodded off in morning traffic, I'm not sure I'll be taking that again. I've started taking 1/2 of a Tylenol PM which was helping but last night I woke after 3-4 hours and it was like I hadn't taken anything. Energy - mine is up and down. I'm good about taking all my vitamins. Never been diagnosed as B or iron deficient (I get results of my labs tomorrow so we'll see). I think I eat plenty of protein (I haven't been charting on fitday and started again today). Any suggestions for keeping energy levels up (besides sleep which I am doing my best).
Gram
on 6/19/07 6:35 am - Northern Lower, MI
Hi Karen, I have been having issuse with sleep also. If I get 5 hours anight that is great. I get up at 4am for work and then by 3pm have to take 1 hour nap and then I am up until 11pm so..... just my time frame I guess. Hope you get some suggestions and I will tyr them too. Debbie M open rny 6-20-06 299/162/160
Lori .
on 6/20/07 2:12 am - Shuswaps, Canada
Hi Karen, I am definitely more tired lately. I have been anemic though. I am going to bed earlier in the evening, usually around 9pm, sometimes earlier. I was once a night owl. I am restless through the night though. I don't have any great suggestions for keeping your energy level up. I find that on the days when I don't get out for a walk that my energy is way lower. Good luck, let me know if you find the magical elixir. Lori
Amy M.
on 6/20/07 6:17 am - Vail, AZ
Do you drink caffeine at all? Maybe try limiting it if you do. I was having a similar problem with sleep and stress. My doctor suggested relaxation exercises such as yoga, and believe it or not, it really helps. I only do it once a week, but I have noticed a difference. She also made me a copy of a relaxation CD to play at bedtime. (I don't use it every night, but it might be helpful to you as well). I am not the type of person that would have tried these things in the past, but I have really opened my mind to change and have received some positive benefits from learning to relax and take a deep breath when the stress is out of control.
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 623 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 716 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 794 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 653 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 712 views