One year checkup (7/5/07) surgiversary was 6/26/07.

sweetzie
on 7/2/07 6:10 am
Well hello to all of my WLS graduates. We've made the biggest step some of us will ever encounter in our lives and have learned how good it feels to be called a loser. lol But each of us deserves a big hug and pat on the back. It hasn't been an easy year but overall I'm down 180 lbs. Weighed in at 435 and today showed 255. And from reading your posts, each of you have done well also. Keep up the good work. I am proud of myself but as others have said when the weight slows down you keep asking yourself if I could have done anything differently and my answer is yes. But I am grateful for where I have come. Dr. Gibbs is an excellent doctor and his staff is wonderful. I feel that in order to get the weight moving again I need to go back to basics but it seems to be a difficult task. Anyway, congrats to all and remember that our strength doesn't come from the outside but from within us. We do have a choice.
Teri D.
on 7/2/07 11:41 pm - Dowagiac, MI
Jackie, congrats on your success! how true that the strength comes from within. i keep getting people tell me "now dont blow it". that is not an option. i dont think people realize that this is a life altering change, not a diet. yes, it is possible to gain, but we have to continue the path we are on and not go back to the old eating habits. what a year it has been and what a wonderful future we have to look forward to! teri
CyndiU
on 7/3/07 12:10 pm - Hartford, SD
What an uplifting message. It has been a truely great year...even with all of the trials and tribulations that have gone with it. I would not change anything...well, perhaps I would do some things different but overall, I am so happy with what I've done and with my success.
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 624 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 718 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 795 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 655 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views