What's everyone eating?

kimberwhit66
on 7/19/07 11:47 pm - Davison, MI
Can I please get some honest feedback on what people here are eating on a daily basis? I'm thinking it may help me to have a guage, and who better to guage against than those that are at the same point as me. If some wouldn't mind posting what they take in each day..the good AND the bad, I would appreciate knowing. Thanks, Kim
Jennifer K.
on 7/21/07 2:41 am - Phoenix , AZ
I pretty much eat "normal"... my plan allows for 900-1000 calories/40-60g protein/90-100g carbs/30g fat. Most of my carbs are from fruits/veggies/dairy and limited to 2 servings of bread/starch a day... everyfew weeks I will log what I have been eating to make sure nothing extra has snuck in to my diet. Here is a typical day B - fiber one bar L - salad and a protein... usually some form of chicken, deli turkey or tuna... and fresh fruit salad S - 2 slices deli turkey and a couple bites cottage cheese D - Some form of chicken or lean beef, veggies, fruit and if I didnt have bread carb at lunch, one now D - SF popscicle
Traci L.
on 7/21/07 11:14 am - Henderson, NY
Hi, Kim! I have been BAD lately. Today I had a single serving of combos, 4 shrimp, some cucumbers with dip, fruit with sweet dip, a small brownie, a mini eclair (I was at a wedding shower), half a steak sub with cheese and mayo, and about 5 pieces of chocolate. Definately not one of my gold star days. I just got back from a trip to St. Louis for work, and we ate out for every meal, and I snacked a lot. I gained 2 pounds this week. I'm not really hungry... just falling back into old habits. Maybe we need to post on here what we're eating daily to help with some accountability and to get back on track. When I'm in control, I eat fiber cereal with fruit and milk for breakfast, usually a half a sandwich for lunch (turkey or pbj), and steak/chicken/hamburger... some type of protein and a vegetable for supper. I'm having a lot of trouble getting my water in, too! Boy, just rereading this post makes me think I need a lot of work! Let me know how things go for you and if you're interested in daily posting of our eating. Traci
Amy M.
on 7/24/07 9:52 am - Vail, AZ
I am having some problems lately too. I am totally stressed out right now, and I have been eating ravenously. I am to the point where I wonder if I have stretched my pouch, but realistically what I consider eating alot now and what I could eat before surgery is quite different. I think I need to just find some support and get back on track. I haven't been going to support groups lately because of my work schedule and lack of help from my husband with watching my son. It would really help if we posted what we ate each day (honestly not what we should have eaten).
CyndiU
on 7/25/07 8:39 am - Hartford, SD
Kim, I made the mistake of eating some "junk food" at a convention and didn't get sick so now I crave it. I am really having to fight the urge. I have been really stressed completing my Masters in Elementary Education and working with the SDRC. It has been a struggle. I need to get back to a food journal and also working out some. I understand that I am not eating like pre-surgery, but if I am not careful, it could be that bad. I just had all of my stats done - and everything looks great! My weight is great according to doc...I just need to get a mind set that says I am a skinny person and need to eat like a skinny person - not use food as a crutch.
DanaP
on 8/10/07 10:33 am - Longboat Key, FL
My typical day is: Coffee Zone Protein Bar - choc. almond, raisin is my favorite. Early lunch Turkey with a slice of cheese on a torilla with mustard. Afternoon snack is string cheese - maybe another slice of turkey breast Dinner is usually whatever I am making for the family - minus most of the carbs. Been trying to cook healthier for the family lately. Yesterday I had a piece of steak and a sweet potato from Outback Steak House. Evening snack varies greatly. Anything from a handful of pretzles to fresh veggies with dill dip, popcorn, sf ice cream in diet root beer to a another protein bar. Just depends on what I am craving or feel my body needs. I am lucky, I get sick on sugar and too much high fat makes me sick. I am over a year out, so praying my limitations continue. My bad day is usually an appetitzer and beer Hubby and I like 'Happy Hour' so thats my big no no. And sometimes I cook too many carbs for the family - like one nite is spaghetti and then the next is tuna noodle casserole and then the next nite is another heavy carb dinner. IF I eat like this by day 3 I am weak and sick from lack of protein - I guess. Hope I helped give you an idea of what I eat - good, bad and ughly! We all have bad days, I don't sweat it - I jus****ch the scale to make sure I am slowly still going down. I am 8 pounds to goal of 135, wear a size 6, but weight is definately slow coming off now. Dana P
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 624 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 718 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 795 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 655 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views