should I or shouldn't I?

BaileeR
on 7/26/07 4:25 am - Up North, MI
Hi all! I don't get on the site often enough, but here I am with a moment to spare. Okay, is anyone drinking any diet pop?? Any recomendations as to whether this stretches the stoma? I drink mostly water or flavored water and it is getting old! I drink a ton of it though! I was once a diet pepsi addict--won't go back there with the caffine and all, but a cold refreshing pop is calling me but I won't do anything if it risks stretching.
mamachabs
on 7/27/07 2:11 am
I'd like to know also. It's been so long since I had a soda. Any thoughts, has anyone been drinking sodas?
ncshan
on 7/27/07 8:14 am - Iron Station, NC
That's question I asked my dr well before i had the surgery because I am a diet pepsi addict and my husband has worked for Pepsi for 17 years. He said Shannon if you can tolerate it there is no proof it stretches your pouch and you can have it if you want it. I am still addicted and drink it everyday. I have never had a problem with it. I can say that some dr's don't want their people drinking it but mine was fine with it. I think I can say it hasn't harmed me any because I have lost 175lbs more that I weigh right now and couldn't have done it if I hadn't had my one addiction. DIET PEPSI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! because I drink it when I feel like I want to stress it and it's like a little slice of heaven! There's my take on it. I am sure there are diff. opinions out there. Shannon
Brooke Spearman
on 7/29/07 7:20 am - Carthage, TX
That was one of the 1st questions I had asked my surgeon also right before my surgery "when can I have diet coke?" He told me I could have it two weeks post op (if i did then- to only drink it flat) ... .Since then, he doesnt care at all...He has no issues with coke.... ALTHOUGH I was addicted to diet coke-was drinking maybe 6 or 7 a day preop - when I do drink one now, I can barely drink 1/2 a can....and I dont drink that to often...maybe a glass a week.... Its to carbonated for me... and then if i let it sit for awhile it taste to sweet...so I just stick to my tea normally! But I dont think it would hurt you if you want it! Its a personal choice! Brooke
Alice_D
on 7/31/07 5:10 am
I have tried diet 7 up because it is almost flat when you open it. I tried Diet Sprite 0 but it was to fizzy. I don't drink diet coke anymore because of the Caffiene (sp)?
Jennifer K.
on 8/24/07 3:11 am - Phoenix , AZ
There is no proof carbonation will stretch the pouch. My surgeon says soda is fine "now and then" but doesnt reccomend it daily. I find the bubbles can be a little much but enjoy a soda on occasion. I find diet soda to be completely awful now and usually stick to drinking a *little* regular coke (few sips!) or fresca. If you want it as a treat now and then I saw go for it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 623 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 716 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 794 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 653 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 712 views