The Last 20 lbs.

RNMOM
on 8/26/07 7:23 pm - Riverside, CA
I am 15 mos post op and have been a slow loser all along (so much for my dream of hitting my goal in 6 mos.) What advise would you give for loosing the last 20 lbs? I just passed the 100 lb mark. yea! for me! This would give me a normal BMI but still be a maintainable weight. Also when should I see a plastic surgeon? I have no breasts left to speak of but am not to saggy around my tummy and thighs?
Jennifer K.
on 8/27/07 1:27 am - Phoenix , AZ
I saw the PS back in May to get an idea of what the cost would be and what procedures they thought I would need. Some PS wont operate until you are 18+ months out... some wont unless you are at goal and maintained for a certain amount of time (3-6 mos) so its good to get out there and see what they require so you can plan. The PS I saw said I had to weigh 145-155 and maintain a steady weight for 3 months and be at least 1 year out before he would do surgery. As for the last 20lbs... if you are still losing then just be patient, if you have stopped for 4 weeks (no pounds OR inches lost) I would contact your NUT to look over what you are eating. The closer Ive gotten to goal the more modifications Ive had to make. Also, the closer Ive gotten the slower its been... my surgeon set a goal of 150-160 and I am currently 164. In the past 3 weeks Ive managed to lose 1lb... so its still moving but ever so slowly. I dont log my food daily but when I find the scale is not moving I will log for a week to see how I am falling nutrition wise. My issue usually is too much protein, not enough veggies! We get stuck on protein protein protien you sometimes forget about other things... not to mention you *can* eat too much protein!
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 623 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 717 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 794 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 653 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 712 views