I did it!

sharyn_pear
on 11/3/07 9:04 am - Australia
I ran my first 10km Road Race Sharyn
Ruth A.
on 11/3/07 6:27 pm - Letchworth Garden City, UK
Hi I technically belong on the May 06 board but was just checking this one out to see how you all are (as I'm May 31st!!) and I HAD to say WOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Way to go - good for you. You must feel elated. There's a friend on the May 06 board that has got into running - you may want to hook up with her - Deanna. She last posted on the I'm sad post if you want to contact her. She is a real inspiration and inspires me to get into running Well done anyway, for running 10K That is fantastic!!
Misty A.
on 11/6/07 10:32 pm - White House, TN
CONGRATS Sharyn! That is fantastic. I actually completed my first marathon too this past weekend. It was a 5K. I completed it in 37:12 minutes. I only started training and jogging about 4 weeks ago and I actually like it. I was so proud of myself. Isn't it amazing how far we have come. A year and a half ago, I could not even walk a mile in 30 minutes without feeling like I was going to die and now I am jogging over 3 miles. And you completed a 10K. I am really happy for you. Keep it up. Have you been losing any weight now that you are running/jogging? I was expecting to lose weight since I have been jogging so much in the past month but it is not coming off like I thought. Oh well. I have heard it is normal to not lose weight when jogging but I was just hoping! I still have about 10 pounds I want to get off but that may have to come with plastics. Misty
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 624 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 718 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 795 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 655 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views