need help

minischnauz
on 7/14/08 12:11 am
Hi, I had my gastric bypass a little over 5 years ago and this last year, I have really put weight back on. It had been creeping up little by little, but all in all, I have gained 50 pounds back of the 130 lbs I had originally lost. I am back on this site and trying to find inspiration in all the before and after pictures, and the advice to go back to the very basics and begin again. I would appreciate any words of encouragement you would care to provide. It would be especially wonderful if I could find someone who had also gained weight back and managed to get it off again or if someone was kind of where I am now and wanted to work on this together. Wish me luck!!
Char G.
on 7/24/08 5:42 pm - Tempe, AZ
Dear Heather~ I will pray for you and myself as I realize we are all in this journey together. I have had a slight weight gain after 5 years and I want to keep the results I once had and make them even better. I am so grateful for the surgery and the life I am now enjoying as a result of the weight loss I have had. I guess my best advise is to see the glass as FULL of the 80 pounds YOU have managed to keep off. Ask yourself some difficult questions. ARe you angry? Sad? LOney? Bored? You know, most obese people are really smart. Is your life challenging to you? Do you love what you do? I am sure you have heard it a millions times but it bears repeating...maybe it is not what you are eating but what is eating you. Blessing to you, Heather. I pray you will find what works best for you now and in the future. Things change...try something new.
Irem170
on 8/7/08 11:27 pm - Fresno, CA
Wow I thought maybe I was the only one that was having this problem I to have gained back 50lbs over the past 2 yrs..I am trying to get back to basics.. I heard about the 5 day pouch test....I am trying it and I am on my second day of clear liquids. I feel great...It says on the site it is to see if your tool is still working or not... I feel like it is still on the working side... so back to basics I go... good luck in your journey as we all need support through out. Meri
Sue B.
on 9/15/08 6:21 am - Fort Dodge, IA
Hi Meri, 
I  have not heard about the 5 day pouch test - could you give my any info on that please?  I had my surgery a little over 5 years now and I have gained back about 15 pounds and I can eat more than I should - it does scare me and hope I don't keep going.  It truly is a struggle, but I'm glad to have kept off over 100 pounds - If possible could you write to me at my regular e mail address:  which is [email protected]   I check that address every day and I'm not on the website a lot.  Thanks for your help,
Sue B.
lphillips001
on 10/9/08 11:26 pm - South Hill, VA
Hi there. I have gained 20 lbs of the 110 I originally lost. My mom died in 2005 and I had 2 babies, so I figure 20 is not bad with all of that stress; however, I am worried because I can eat anything--even sugar which was my down fall to begin with. I would love to work with you all in finding a solution for us. I was told by another person to go back to the foods we ate at week 3 and begin from there and I should get back on track. I had oatmeal this morning, but the fluids is going to be the problem. I drink maybe 12 oz a day of water and the rest is coffee/tea. I still do no soda or straws, so I guess I am okay there. I wish you luck and will stay posted to see what we can do.
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 702 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 612 views