Recent Posts

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/13/09 9:47 am - TX
Topic: RE: Suits!
Way to go!   Clothes that fit is the FUN part.   I'm beginning to enjoy shopping again.  Keep up the good work.

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/13/09 9:43 am, edited 10/13/09 9:44 am - TX
Topic: RE: NEW PICS POSTED...GIMME YOUR OPINION....
You look great!  I can tell a difference.  You face is slimmer and your body is leaner--- Woo Hoo!

Keep up the good work!

The biggest change for me is realizing I have bones again---collarbones, hip bones, love those bones!

Sharon

PoohkinandPiglet
on 10/13/09 9:39 am - TX
Topic: RE: do you dump?
Increasing the calories speeds the metabolism.  Did you eat more calories than you normally do?     If you're eating too few on a regular basis you'll be in starvation mode and won't lose efficiently.

I haven't dumped and have tested the waters slightly a few times.  I avoid sugar but if I have a little it doesn't seem to bother me.  I really want to try the No Sugar Added ice cream but I'm not doing it until I'm closer to goal.

Gena L.
on 10/13/09 9:39 am - Canal Winchester, OH
Topic: NEW PICS POSTED...GIMME YOUR OPINION....
NEW PICS LOADED...GIMME YOUR OPINION.... 

When I look in  the mirror, I still really see the 350lb...  The scale says 67 lbs gone, but it feels like I'm still carrying the same big arms and tummy...

I do definitely notice it in the little things like smaller hands, being able to wear regular sized necklaces (yeah), crossing the legs (for a short period - - smile) ...

Do you all see yourself as skinnier when you look in the mirror??

LOVE MY JULY FAM....!  YA'LL KEEP DOING IT BIG!!  (OR SHOULD I SAY 'SMALL)....

Gena L.
on 10/13/09 9:21 am - Canal Winchester, OH
Topic: RE: I've lost 100 lbs!!!!
go kristie...go kristie

amy1515
on 10/13/09 8:33 am
Topic: RE: do you dump?

I ate 1c of regular (full of fat and sugar****cream last monday nite and did not have any of the dumping symptoms.  The stats for dumping are that about 20% of people never have it, but my gf has been post -op for 5 years and she can eat something one time then the next time she dumps.  She has never passed out and I haven't heard of anyone else passing out from dumping either. (though they may feel that way)  I think it's just a matter of trying to not eat too much sugar or fat at one time to avoid it all together.  It's probably just a CRAP shoot if you're gonna dum*****t!!! LOL!!!

Maybe with your stall, you're not eating enough when you behave?  I know that you need food (fuel) to burn in order to lose weight.  Maybe your body needed the extra cals this weekend to not think it was starving.  Try to eat a little more everyday instead of binging all weekend.  Best of luck!!! 

amy1515
on 10/13/09 8:20 am
Topic: RE: Suits!
That is sooo great!!!  I know how you feel about the"old dumpy self" - I currently one on those!!  All my clothes are 3 sizes too big and i just walk around hoisting up my pants all the time.  I work in the medical profession so my scrubs can be baggy, but  I still need to get some regular clothes that show-off my weight-loss!!  Good 4 You!!!   I'll bet you looked like a million bucks!!!
bryden1401
on 10/13/09 7:52 am
Topic: RE: Starbucks, dunkin doughnuts or mc'D's coffee's
I got a free sample of click thanks to eggface and it was so delish but it is expensive like $25 for 14 servings.

The protein bars i got are called premier protein bars think it was $11 for 15 of them they have 8g sugar and 30 g protein for the whole bar.  I cannot eat a whole one so i snack on it all day there were 3 flavors. I have only eaten one so far it was a chocolate peanut butter and is really good.  I was happy i bought them i like the pure protein ones but in the variety pack at sams i think at least one or two flavors have marshmellow in them and it makes them to sweet for me so i like these. they are in a white box with blue writing i think threw the box away lol.
Consult weight 329
surgery weight 318
current weight 177
goal 165

AshleyDillo
on 10/13/09 7:45 am - Tallahassee, FL
Topic: Suits!

I wore a suit today!

Never before in my life have I worn one that fit right.  I'd order them from catalogs and they'd always be really odd fitting and too long in the sleeves.  I was too cheap to get them tailored.

But I had a job interview and since I'm down in sizes they actually sell at a store, I went to JCPenneys to look for interview clothes.  Lo and behold I found a dark brown short sleeved pantsuit on clearance for 19.99!  It fit me perfectly and all day today when I was wearing it I kept looking in a mirror and smiling because I looked so different than I normally do.  I looked like an actual businesswoman instead of my usual disheveled lumpy self. 

It's amazing how much of the weight loss I notice when I wear clothes that fit!

Along with the suit I ended up getting 6 shirts, 2 skirts and 1 dress..all for $65!

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

AshleyDillo
on 10/13/09 7:41 am - Tallahassee, FL
Topic: RE: Starbucks, dunkin doughnuts or mc'D's coffee's

I don't do coffee because I find myself doing a lot better without the caffeine in my life.

However, I have heard wonderful things about Click which is an espresso-based protein powder.  A serving has 15grams of protein in it.  I think Kristie has tried it and raved about it.

What protein bars did you get at Sams?  I know they have the Pure Protein bars there.  Those are a pretty good bet.  They're really dense, so I usually can't do more than 1/4 of the bar at a time, but it's great for something portable when I know I'm going to be away from home for a time.

RNY: 7/2009

HW:  361   SW: 320  CW:  157.6

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello 2009ers!!!!
saletiajohnson · 2 replies · 839 views
weight gain
sexyshoediva · 3 replies · 710 views
Still trucking along
babyface12 · 1 replies · 952 views
2013 Update
2_be_me_again · 1 replies · 1042 views