8th mnth check in :(

Di N.
on 4/10/04 1:45 am - Richmond, va
Wow what a mnth... My wt has changed alot. First I went up 6lbs for two weeks then down 9lbs in the next week and half now back up a pound which makes me at a loss of two pounds for this mnth . I have found myself eating alot more. Carbs have been a biggie. On Fitday I average 1045 cals 47g fat 59g carbs and 57g protein. Somedays I eat more and some less. I have had days that I got in 1600 cals I have only lost a total of 2 inches this mnth. I hope Im not stopping. I would be ok If I did..but not as happy as I would be If I could lose another 10 or so pounds. By looking at myself...with out clothing on I would guess that I should lose another 20 lbs...But I never wanted to be that small...I guess With the skin issue...I look alot different. Boy going up looks alot different that going down !! So is ANYONE else out in OH having issues like me ??? I feel blue today Sorry DI~
champagne3456
on 4/10/04 1:50 am - Lincoln, RI
I am too having issues with my skin. People are saying "you look so great!" then I say, "you don't want to see me naked!" The other day, I was bending over and caught a glimpse of my belly. I just cried. It was so awful. Can't wait for the TT and thigh lift. That's all I'll need. But you've done great!!! Everyone has a bad month or week. I had a week when I lost nothing, then lost 5 lbs. the following week. I lose about 2-4 lbs. a week on average. I need to start using FitDay again too. Sounds like it's helpful to you.
Gina N.
on 4/10/04 5:37 am - Independence, Mo
Di, My weight loss has slowed down also. Although this past week I lost 4 lbs. That's usually what I lose a month. I'm 9 pounds from my surgeons goal 19 from mine and the skin issues are horrible. I swear to you the next person that tells me I can't lose another 19 lbs I am going to take off my clothes including the one piece spandex torture garment I wear to hide alot of my leftover fat and skin and show them exactly where I can lose 19 lbs. While I'm thrilled to be 149 and purchase small pants and a medium shirt yesterday I want a flat tummy with no apron. I want perky "girls" that don't go flat when I lay on my back. I also want thighs that look like Britney Spears but I'm willing to give up on that dream. hahahaha. Let's hear from all other August post ops on how you're doing!!! Gina lap rny 080403 235/149/130
Hilda R.
on 4/10/04 4:52 pm - Bucoda, WA
Hi everyone. Gee it's great to know I'm not alone. I'll be 8 mo.out on the 25th and I too have good wks and not so good wks. I'm down 113#s, got at least 35 - 40 to go. I was not fortunate to have become sugar intolerant, therefore it seems I crave it. Especially chocolate!!! I justify it to myself if it's in the form of peanut M&Ms (you know-Protien from the nuts I have days that I feel pretty and think "Girl you got it going on" but then I have days that I can't see much difference, but then I remind myself that it has only been 8 months and that's probably alot longer than I had ever stayed on a diet at one time. We'll all get there, I'm sure....and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Life is grand.....even the birds are singing louder. Oh, and yes there is the skin thing, but that too can be fixed......
tina0226
on 4/12/04 11:36 am - Greenwood, IN
Yippeeeeeeee, I am not alone. This month so far I have only lost 1.5 pounds and my surgery date was 08-19-03, so I only have another week to lose more weight for this month. I too have flabby skin and will eventually need a tummy tuck. I work on my arms by lifting weights at least 5 times a week. Have you ever thought of this, maybe you are gaining muscle and losing fat ... remember muscle weights more then fat! Best of luck, Tina
Di N.
on 4/12/04 1:02 pm - Richmond, va
Girl, I wi**** was muscle..I havent been working out enough I need 2 do some changes..cut back on my good old carbs and work out more :*( DI!~
1800Bev
on 4/13/04 2:02 pm - Somewhere, CA
Hiya Di g/f, I haven't been doing the yoyo weight. I just loose a couple of #'s then stop there for a couple of weeks. I knew and read before surgery that there would be excess skin, however I never really fully comprehended how I might look after a huge weight loss. Here's a (((HUG))) fer ya.
Di N.
on 4/15/04 10:56 am - Richmond, va
Hi Girl Thanks for the support I did the "stop for three weeks then lose" but not the yoyo before...its making me feel like Im stop'n forever its now going on 7 weeks sence anything "good" has happened Ive started my Low Carb ...below 30g p/d ... the day before yesterday..I hope that helps. I kind of lost track of that last mnth. I only hope thats my problem It will get better DI
Debra R.
on 4/19/04 2:20 am - Augusta, GA
Just a Ditto here. Last month lost 10 lbs then overnite went back up 8 lbs. It freaked me out. I thought my scales were broken and checked on the doctor's scales to make sure. I lost 2 lbs and 2 inches TOTAL last month. If it makes you feel better, it might not be a Carb thing. It might just be how some people's bodies try to stay at a "set point" (you know, some weight you've been before and your body says "hey, I remember this weight, I think I'll stay here for a while") At least that's what I'm telling myself - I'm not having a problem with Carbs, although my appetite did increase at 6 months - but from what I've read that's right on schedule. I know I didn't eat anything that made me gain 8 lbs (that's 28,000 extra calories - not happening). My body has just not wanted to leave the 200s, but it will. I think you're doing the right thing tracking on Fit Day and catching the Carb thing now. Good Luck & God Bless. Deb
cheche00
on 4/27/04 9:33 pm - Lawrenceville, GA
I don't eat as many cals as you do and I still can't eat sweet stuff but I can eat the carbs which is what I am working on not doing. I still can't eat a whole hamburger or more than one slice of bread. I got 8lbs to go and it seems like it is taking forever! Don't give up!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 894 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views