Recent Posts

Sheanetta J.
on 6/4/03 4:07 am - Candler, NC
Topic: Thank God!!!!!!!!
WWOOHHOO August 19 2003 wilkl be the first day of the rest of my life!!!!!!!!! Thanx to all for the support!!!!!!!
Penny B.
on 6/3/03 6:34 pm - Maricopa, CA
Topic: My surgery is scheduled!!!!!!!!!
August 6 @ 9:30 am at Pacific Bariatrics in San Diego.... woohoo I'm excited.. Penny Brown
Joy C.
on 6/3/03 11:38 am - Tijeras, NM
Topic: All set for August 11th, 2003
I got my phone call from the doctor's office this morning...and with the good news of the insurance okaying my revision...and all is set for this August... Hooray...!!!!!! I am so excited about this all coming together now...
Edessa
on 6/3/03 9:08 am - Eden Prairie, MN
Topic: Me too! August 12th date!
But mine is in the afternoon. It's going to be torturous to have to wait all morning before going in to surgery - but oh so worth it. Dr. Buchwald of Fairview University of Minnesota will be performing my surgery.
Jeffery K.
on 6/1/03 5:46 pm - chandler, az
Topic: August 12 Finally
Yeah I'm so excited I have worked on this for months. Found out my insurance does not precert bypass surgery anymore. I have gotten mixed answers each time i called. Finally got letter confirming on Friday. I have surgery Aug 12 8 am. I can't wait. Having open RNY. I have been following so many other stories and look forward to posting my success on here to inspire others. Good luck to all! Having surgery w/Dr. Kalan at Georgetown University in Wash, DC -- Jeffery Kenney
Rosanna G.
on 6/1/03 1:16 pm - Hamden, CT
Topic: Waiting impatiently for my surgery date
I have a surgery date of August 6, 2003. I CAN'T WAIT!!! I've never wanted the summer to fly by like I do this year! Just thinking about the things I can finally do that I'm unable to do today like playing with my four year old daughter, running, walking, just enjoying life as it's meant to be. It's been a struggle and it can only get better!
Beth F.
on 5/31/03 5:30 am - Santa Rosa, CA
Topic: RE: I did it...I finally got a new date~
Hi Candie! Congratulations. Where are you having your surgery? I am sking because I, too am having surgery on August 12! I will be going to Delano for surgery by Dr. Kesheshian. It's so cool to think about all of us having life saving surgeries at the same time. My very best wishes to you! Beth
RavenShadows
on 5/30/03 1:44 pm - Garden Grove, CA
Topic: I did it...I finally got a new date~
It has been a very long road for me these last 2 years. First deciding to have this surgery for all the right reasons...then not being able to go through with it. Which for a while I blamed myself and put myself down as being a weakling and a failure..hell I couldnt' even do that right. But 3 days after my first scheduled surgery date...my father in law passed away...it was a very traumatic event...and my son broke his collar bone in 3 places. Sooo in a way I am glad that I didn't do it. I would not have been there for my family when they needed me. Well now August 12th is my new date. I am scared but looking forward to it this time. Just hope I dont have to be there at 5 am again lol...it was hard enough for me to get up at 8am.
Dana S.
on 5/28/03 4:49 pm - Clinton, In
Topic: Dana Starr
I FINALLY HAVE A SURGERY DATE PRAISE GOD!!
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I had my surgery in 2003
lacrimablu · 0 replies · 895 views
Question Please?
jacreasy · 1 replies · 778 views
Weight Gain Off track
DROBY · 3 replies · 1030 views
low red blood cells and iron
MTITTLE · 2 replies · 796 views