Gaining Weight...Need Help/Motivation.

J T
on 2/9/07 2:00 am - Brooklyn, NY
Hello everyone, its been a while since my last post but I'm glad I made it back. Its been a year and a half since my since my surgery (08/05) and I have lost a total of 80lbs, my lowest weight being 150lbs, but since thanksgiving 2006 I find myself eating things that i shouldnt be eating and falling back into my old habits...its scary, since november i have gained between 10-13lbs. I now weight 162. I don't know what to do, but i do know that i dont want to end up the way i was before...I've made up my mind and am going to start going to the gym again and will stay away from breads, pasta, and rice. I am also scheduled for a tummytuck May 2007 but I want to be at my goal weight of 145 before I do. Could this be possible? I want to know, and maybe someone can help...what should I do to get the weight coming off again? I need to break this plataeu. Is anyone experiencing the same thing? Please let me know...Thanks in advance JT 230/162/145 RNY 8/22/05
breezyberi
on 2/11/07 4:27 am - pickerington, OH
hi! welcome back! this board is where you need to be when your feeling like this. a lot of us on here have experianced the same feelings you are having. Being aware of what u r doing is the first step! your on the right track! going to the gym, eating less carbs and not eating emotionally is the key! i hope you feel better and check the board often, as you are not alone in your feelings. take care! kim
J T
on 2/11/07 11:38 am - Brooklyn, NY
Hey Kim, Thanks for your kind words... I've started eating the way that i did when i first had surgery and i plan to keep it this way. I'm determined.
tweety70458
on 2/12/07 1:56 am - Slidell, LA
JT, Hey girl it had been a while for me too since I have psoted on this board. I had my surg 8/16 I have lost 88 pounds and I too have found myself eating more junk food and all the stuff I have no business eating. I have maintained though which is amazing I am bouncing between 139-141 pounds. My goal weight is 130. I too have strated back on my surg diet too to see if helps me get back on track. I know we all have to go through this at one point in time but I wish we did not have to. ya know. Well keep us posted on how you are doing.... Take care, Chrissy
Ang
on 2/12/07 5:46 am - Allen, TX
JT, I think we are all struggling with this. I don't post alot, but I do read the board faithfully and it's what I need to get motivated to try to get back on track. I have been lucky and haven't gained anything really...I bounce between 153 and 157. I have lost 183 pounds. My goal weight is 150. I too, find myself struggling with bad food choices and falling back into old habits and it scares me to death. The worst for me is night time hunger. Before surgery I would get up in the middle of the night, go to the fridge and just stand there and eat anything that was there. I haven't given in and done that yet, but it is so hard every night not to give into it. Does anyone else struggle with this, and if you do, how do you handle it? Angie
JackieBel
on 2/14/07 12:41 pm - McAllen, TX
You're not alone. I believe that I made the mistake of not having a definite goal. I kept thinking if I only lose 100 lbs. I'll be happy. I made it to 100 lbs. lost, then just sat there. I'm up and down 10 in given couple of weeks, hoovering at 152-160. I advise anyone newby to please set a specific goal. My biggest problem is the sweet tooth I have at night. I force myself to go to bed early some nights because anytime after 9:30, I'm in the kitchen looking for something sweet. I also need a carb fix sometimes. Since giving up alot of white carbs such as potatoes, white rice, white bread, and tortillas, I need a carb replacement. I tried cauliflower in faux potatoes, but it doesn't give me the sugar overload that potatoe does. Any suggestions anyone has I'd appreciate. I started back to exercising, but afterschool and Saturday tutoring usually give me an excuse not to go. I just need to get consistent. Good luck! We are in the same boat! Jackie
Torrey
on 2/27/07 11:10 pm - Houston, TX
It's killing me trying to get my head straight. I'm right there with you on the weight regain. When my anemia got treated, hunger came back. I've not really been hungry since I had the surgery, following the basics wasn't too hard. Now I not only get hungry, I crave. At work I've always been surrounded by chocolate and goodies. For the last month I can't seem to pass them by. For a couple of weeks I really went off the reservation; I think I ate nothing but chocolate and carbs. It shows on the scales. So, I'm working on upping the protien and water, cutting the carbs, and trying like heck to think good thoughts. The gain is making feel down, which isn't helping. I'm already in a huge pity party from being sick so much the last several months. Good luck to us all, Torrey (281/160/181)
Angela P.
on 3/18/07 12:19 pm - Holyoke, CO
Hi! I thought I was the only one going through this weight "gain". Thank you for having the courage to write about it! I, too, would appreciate some feedback from others' that are going through and have gone through and came out successfully. I was under the impression that I've already stretched my pouch and there's "no going back"...but I still am hopeful. I don't want to end up like I was!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! ~Angela~
Most Active
Recent Topics