Breast Cancer

miknikmom
on 2/12/07 12:25 am - Lake Forest, CA
Hi All my wonderfull WLS buddies, I had a mammogram last monday 2/5/07 and they found something, on thursday they did a needle biopsy and it has been confirmed I have Breast Cancer. I am not scared and really have been preparing myself for this for about 10 years. My mother has had it in both breasts and my aunt ovarian cancer so I was a high risk. I just thought that I would get it when I was in my 50's not 40's. I am so glad I had WLS because I dont know if they would have found it so early on with all the additional fat that was carried in the breats. So now I might get the Insurance to pay for plastic surgery. I guess you really need to be careful for what you wish for. Love to you all Diana PS I am sure I will lose that last 10 lbs now.
mccalles
on 2/12/07 1:42 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Diana, So sorry to hear about this. Hopefully catching this early will result in an excellent outcome for you. I will keep you in my thoughts as prayers as you head into this trying time. I just had a mammogram on 2/2/07, but it came out ok. I have had one scare with them finding something, but it turned out to be a calcification. I was very concerned and scared at the time, so I can only imagine what you are going through. Best of luck and keep us informed of how things are going. Eileen
auntlorlee
on 2/12/07 2:22 am - Bellingham, WA
I am so sorry Diana. Hopefully the caught it early enough and you will be fine. I will be praying for you and sending healing thoughts your way. Please keep us posted. Lori
Ang
on 2/12/07 5:33 am - Allen, TX
Diana, I am so sorry to hear this. I was diagnosed with breast cancer a year ago. I was also told that if I hadnt lost the amount of weight that I had, it probably would not have been caught as early as it was. For that I am very very thankful. I did end up having a mestectomy, but you know what? It wasnt as bad as I had anticipated. I am alive, I didn't have to do chemo and I have brand new perky boobs! It was a long road getting here, and it was bumpy along the way, but they have come so far now as far as reconstruction and treatment goes. Please feel free to contact me. I think I remember you telling me at Christmas time that this runs in your family, so I am sure you have alot of advice and support, but I am here if you need anything. I know how scarey and overwhelming it is with all of the decisions you will have to make. Just so you know, in most states it is a LAW that insurance companies have to pay for breast reconstruction when its due to breast cancer. So, you will get that plastic surgery! Some of us just have to go the extreme to get what we want, huh! Take care and please feel free to contact me! Angie
breezyberi
on 2/12/07 7:42 am - pickerington, OH
hi diana im so sorry to hear about this. you are in my thoughts and prayers. im thinking about you.... love ya kim
nybabe
on 2/12/07 10:09 pm - Babylon, NY
Hi Diana ! I am sorry to hear about this. I do know when it comes to cancer, that one of the highest success rates is with early detection, and breast cancer has the others beat. And I have a really good friend who at 41, he has survived cancer and chemo and a really nasty divorce (LOL) . He has counseled me so many times just thru WLS. I know you are also a survivor and your attitude will carry you and strengthen you, just as you carried yourself through WLS. Your August buddies are here for you and I'm sending you strength and love and hugs and some of my sanity. ( Hey whatever I have left- Is what I need) LOL Keep looking up! Donna
Clarissa C.
on 2/14/07 10:17 am - NC
Sorry to hear the bad news Diana. I hope it was caught in time. You are definately in our prayers. Keep us posted! Clarissa
Ang
on 2/19/07 10:54 pm - Allen, TX
Diana, Any new news yet? I have been thinking of you!
miknikmom
on 2/21/07 6:29 am - Lake Forest, CA
Hi Everyone, Well yesterday I selected my surgeon and he had good new about my cancer. He said I will live and beat this cancer. I could do a lumpectomy and this radiation treatment and the whole thing would only take 2 weeks out of my schedule. Well that is if I dont test positive fro BRCA1 or BRCA2 which is the Genetic Mutation that is inherited. I go for the blood test tomorrow and will find out in about 3 weeks. If I test positive I will possibly get a double mastectomy and chemo.. My mom had bilateral breast cancer and my aunt had ovarian cancer. We shall see what happens, either way I am ok with each option. I just want to make the right move so I don't have to go through this over and over again. Diana
Dawn B.
on 2/21/07 12:20 pm - Anderson, CA
Oh Heck Diana, I don't know how I missed this post when I was last on, but I'm sorry you have to go through this. Good for you on finding a positive spin on all of this - ps & final weight loss. You're in my prayers and be sure to let us know if you need ANYTHING!! Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics