Hey all my August '05 folks...haven't checked in here in some time...

Georgia J.
on 3/8/07 2:47 am - Marietta, GA
well, in a long time. Just wanted to see kinda where everyone is. I have lost 147 and am down to 127 but I fluctuate with about 10-12 lbs. all the time...the lowest being 123 and the highest being 135. I do feel old habits crreping back up here as of late and that scares me. I have been really tired and I'm taking all my vitamins and getting in my protein. I haven't made much time for excercise lately because I have been working so much and my boyfriend and I just moved in together so that's been hectic. I am hoping to pick the excercise back up now that the weather's getting so nice here in GA. How are y'all doing with skin? Mine is simply awful. How many of you have had plastic surgery or are looking into it? I'm a teacher so money is an issue there but I have a feeling I'll feel less comfortable in a bikini this year than I did last simply cause of all my saggy "old lady" skin. I don't know about y'all but this surgery was the BEST thing I've ever done and I wanna check in here more often because I am realizing the need for support from others who just "KNOW".
Sue C
on 3/9/07 2:20 am - Fargo, ND
Hello- I am down 95 but I started out as a lightweight and was looking to get down 100 but dont think that will happen. I have never gotten into exercise so that is my #1 problem, I know. Shame on me, lol. I am very happy with the way I look and people are amazed. I do have a consult appt next month for the boobs. They are just way to flat for my liking. Insurance wont cover that, but that is alright, I will work around that. This dr does financing. I do get all my vitamins and water in. I know what you are talking about with old habits, cause nothing tiggers dumping for me. I do weigh every morning so I make sure it isnt getting out of control. I do flucuate 4 lbs a month just due to my period. I may check in here more often. Sue
L C.
on 3/9/07 4:48 am - Port St John, FL
Hey Georgia, Life is great and I am so happy I had this surgery!! I have lost 110 to 115 pounds...giving the time of month. I am wanting to do plastics, but I have a trip to Hawaii scheduled and that took away some of my funds for getting arm done, so I'll wait for 6 months. Although, if someone were to give me three wishes (magic genie, where are you?) I would have my arms (batwings) gone! Tummy tucked and thighs done...then if they were really generous, I might have the girls fixed up a bit. I'm small but "saggy" baby!! I have people ask me all the time if I would do it again and the answer is a huge YYYYEEEESSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN A HEARTBEAT SECOND! I feel amazing, although I'm not happy with my body at times, I have never felt better in my life. Even as a child, I got winded and tired because I was fat! Now, life is so enjoyable. Like you, I have problems with old habits and I need to watch it carefully...we all do. Life is wonderful though. I guess the biggest struggle for me is seeing what everyone else sees when they look at me. I had a man say to me the other day that I was beautiful and another one say I looked sexy...that just doesn't compute for me. I don't feel like I look beautiful or sexy. I see myself as pretty, but beautiful is for someone like my bosses wife or Jennifer Love Hewitt. That's beautiful. And sexy, well, I know I wear sexier clothing, but if they saw the clothes off, whew, would they run screaming or laughing...not sure which! Anyway, my issues come from how I see myself, but they always have. Maybe one day, I'll understand who the real me is and like her inside (which I already do) and outside (which I am desperately working on!). Take care, Lori 293/180/150
ScoutMom14
on 3/10/07 11:57 am - Loreauville, LA
Hey, I know what you mean about old habits b/c sugar doesn't usually do anything to me and I know too many carbs, argh!!! According to Dr's scale I'm down 95 lbs but I vary alot b/c of cycle. I don't weigh often b/c my scale is cheap and doesn't agree with other scales. I would do it again in a second. I am soooo much healthier -- no diabetes, high blood pressure or acid reflux meds!!! I do have caffeine so I should do more water. I would totally love plastics!!! Batwings, angelwings, whatever you call them you got to hate them and why are all the cute shirts you can now fit in have those itsy bitsy sleeves, c'mon I can wear a medium now but I need a decent sleeve. We need a line of gastric bypass clothes for people who can't afford plastics -- ME! I think my tummy tucked would be my #1 then angelwings (though I go back & forth with those 2) and then thighs. A lift would be nice for the girls but a good bra can do that and I'm married almost 19 years so hubby is the only one to see them. Exercise -- I just don't have the time. I know it sounds like an excuse but one of the main reasons I had this surger was to be able to keep up with my boys (besides the health stuff) I am putting in alot of time working with my local autism society for our first big event -- a Walk of Hope. I'm also on the board of directors, teach 10th grade religion once a week, help out with Boy Scouts, not to mention a full time job and trying to keep up with the house. My family is so busy it's hard to keep up with it all and doesn't leave much time for exercise. I want my magic genie to make it where I can just volunteer as a full time job and then my plastics!!!! I figure my boys will be in college before I know it and I want to spend my time enjoying being a family. I will attempt to check in here more often. At my 1 1/2 appt I had lost 5 lbs since the last one. I fluctuate but I'm pretty satisfied though I'd like to get rid of my incisional hernia b/c it's at my waist and I could go down a size if it would go away. Skin is not so good but I guess not so bad considering my age -- turned 42 two days after my surgery. Definitely the BEST thing I've ever done, no contest.
nybabe
on 3/12/07 1:09 am - Babylon, NY
Hi Georgia- glad to see you posted ..Congrats on your new life and lifestyle..as for me~ I never really got close to my goal~ 145 . As it is Im still 50lbs away from that- but I began at 325 & just broke into Onederland at 18mos~ so Im still working on my program and learning balance. I had hit a plateau- for several mos- gaining and losing and re-gaining the same 5-10lbs. I realized I needed a change- so I changed gyms- going where they offer 140 classes weekly + personal training dynamics + a great environment. I figured if they can offer 140 a week- I should be able to get my butt in there- at least 3-4times a week. I was already doing 2-3 days/wk at my old gym- but under challenged.. The result? I began working out every day- beginning with 30mins to as much as 2hrs..and trying to hit one class a day.I have taken beginning- intermed and advanced classes - in kickboxing-stability ball- classic aerobic- hip hop funk aerobic-rebounding with a mini trampoline -body sculpting. I haven't gotten to spinning, yoga or pilates yet either. My point is - I made it a priority- and lost 10lbs in 3 weeks & cracked Onderland! The first time in 25yrs. I have lost 130lbs and am not entirely happy. I thought I would be further along ( on the scale) Yes with my fitness success and ability to keep off the weight- even at 18mos ~ YES I am What I hear on this board- and see in my bi-monthly support meetings- is that everyone has changed their focus while increasing their lifestyle. Before surgery- everyrone worked hard to be disciplined and stick to the Four Rules: Protein, Water, Exercise & Vitamin/Supplements. Everyone had a busy life Before surgery- whats changed is your level of committment - it got lower. You forgot about keeping the idea- that the lifestyle change wasn't "until you lost all your weight" and revert back to old behaviors- this was a "mode of living change- a lifestyle change" One that had to be accepted beyond your weight loss goals. So- if you are having problems sticking with your lifestyle- take the time to review what you are doing- that is different from what you know you should do - and make the corrections- one at a time- just like you did before surgery. 30mins a day is not a lot to put aside for exercise. Keep this in mind- its about your health- not just your weight. Also know this- (from someone who has exercised in my 20s,30s, 40s & now 50) you can have 2 people- one weighs 150 and one weighs 200. The person@200 exercises regularly and is in better health- than the person who weighs 150 & does nothing. It's your health- where do you want to be? How do you plan on staying there? I am 50- I exercise 6-7 days a week and know how good I feel when I leave the gym and can't put a price on that. Im glad Im around to see my 22yrld son begin to fulfill his career ambitions. I'm not happy with my weight number- but I started at 325 & BMI= 56% and now am 198 with a BMI=34%. My surgeon said for me to be considered successful- I have to be 30-35% BMI. I would like to be between 25-30%, so that is my level of committment. To keep going- even though I am already successful. So I hope I have helped encourage you & others on this board- to keep diligent and appreciate what you have- and to keep it-so that you don't have to worry about numbers on a scale. We are all worth more than mere numbers. Donna 325/198/145
Sharon McNair
on 3/13/07 7:32 pm - Anna, TX
Hey, 155 lbs down and looking to have plastic surgery now. This is my goal and it is very exciting to me. I hope you all are fine. Busy working hard, running around alot, lots of energy. I was 370 at the beginning and am now 225 and go up and down about 10 lbs. Find myself eatting more boo hoo so have to put the stop to that. Showing you all love... Sha
Most Active
Recent Topics