I've been away forever............

nynva
on 4/2/07 12:01 pm - MD
Hello August 05'ers. I had my surgery on 8/1/05 and have done extremely well. Meaning, no health issues. I've lost 80 lbs down from 260 to 180 ish. I've recently, over the past few months gain 15 lbs back, 11 of which are gone now. I went back on plan and my tool is working like a charm. Protein, very little to no carbs, and lots of water. Now, I do drink small amounts when I eat. Maybe I should stop that. But, my pouch is still in good working order. I defintely can eat more than I use to, but it's a big difference from before surgery. Even though I didn't make it to goal, which was 160 (dr goal). I feel damn good! I'm a size 14 and happy. I did recently set a goal of 150. I'm taking it slow and feeling good about my small accomplishments. When I gained that 15 lbs back, I felt horrible. Bloated, full all the time and miserable. It defintely gave me a glimpse into my pre-surgery days. I'm back on now and I will kick these last 30 lbs in the butt......I'm ready and my head has finally caught up!! I figured it out. I don't eat when I'm not hungry I don't eat sugar - no forms of it I don't drink juice/soda or anything with sugar I do have low carb bread on occassion. 3 times per week I keep carbs under 40 grams per day I do eat fried food once per week (I'm only human) I do drink my water I don't care if they have bread/donuts/bagels at work. My motto is "if I didn't buy it, I don't need to eat it" I'm ok with me and sugar is not my friend!! Ladies, I applaud all of you who have done so well. Good Luck and I can't wait until I someday can afford plastic surgery. I hate my skin......., but I'm ok with that tooooo!
Tammy H.
on 4/5/07 3:19 am - Camden, NY
Hi Kimberly... Good for you .... getting back on track... Sounds like you know exactly what you want & you're going for it... I, too, have hovered around 180 since last May & am perfectly happy with that. Ya sure I'd like to lose more, but if not... that's ok because I feel awesome... & look pretty darn good too... It's great that you are reminding yourself, and everyone else, that we're only human & we can't beat ourselves up over the little things. Keeping ourselves in check & not abusing our tool is the key to continued success. Keep up the great work Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/07 9:43 am - Western New York, NY
Thanks for posting this - it's inspired me to get back on track myself! I've been hovering between 185-190 the past 4-5 months and I know I'm hovering because I'm not doing as well as I could and SHOULD be doing! I also want to lose about 30 pounds to get to my ultimate goal - but honestly, I'd be happy to just break through this plateau and lose another 10!
Dawn B.
on 4/5/07 3:22 pm - Anderson, CA
Hello! My friend that came with me to the intro meeting this month 2 years ago has decided she's going to look again into having the surgery so she's asked me to be her official support person. I told her reality will return, but that if she reverts to program basics she'll do okay - which is exactly what you've proven. Good for you on all accounts! Keep it up. Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics