Getting Back On Track

Happy To Be A.
on 4/24/07 10:26 am - Luzerne County, PA
Hi Everyone I have remained a lurker and check here often but rarely post. I am getting myself back on track after a long plateau. I too, like some of you, have fallen off the food wagon so to speak. I thought I would share what I am doing now and what is working for me. An average day for me with food is: Breakfast- 2 Hardboiled Eggs, and a slice of cantalope or other fruit. AM Snack- Light & Fit Yogurt, or a Cheese Stick Lunch - A Health Choice Frozen Dinner, or Lean Cusine, or South Beach Frozen Meal and a salad with lite dressing. Afternoon Snack - Mini Chocolate Drizzled Rice Cakes (90 Calories) and very yummy!! Dinner - A healthy Home Cooked Dinner or a frozen meal from above. PM Snack - Fruit or a Slim-A-Bear Ice Cream I average about 1100 calories a day. This has got the scale moving in the right direction for me. I was snacking on my old friends too much...candy, ice cream, chips, etc. Having the ready to microwave frozen meals has really helped me to stay on track. They are easy when I don't feel like thinking about what to make. I like "Healthy Choice" the best out of the ones I have tried. I am trying to get myself motivated to exercise regulary, but haven't quite gotten there yet. I have lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks though so that has me somewhat motivated. I'm still having some joint / muscle issues to contend with. Thanks for letting me share, and I will be interested to hear what others are doing to get back on track. Lynne
Tammy H.
on 4/24/07 10:48 pm - Camden, NY
Hi Lynne, Thanks for sharing. I, too, am working on getting things moving again. I've remained at around a 110 lb loss for almost a year & am ready to get these last 20 - 30 lbs off me. I actually went out & walked a little over a mile today. I know my plateau has been greatly impacted by my lack of exercise. So, now that the nice weather has finally started to hit Central NY I am getting my butt moving again. I am willing to start up a daily exercise post, again, if you think that'll keep you motivated & moving again. I know it helped me, greatly, in the past. I, too, have been snacking on the wrong foods & find myself grabbing things when I'm not even hungry. I'm starting to work on no snacking in between meals & if I really need to, grab something healthy. I would love to get below 175, never to see the 180's again. I have a beach body work out series called Slim in 6 and plan on starting it on the 30th. It's quite a workout but you feel so good. Would love to make it through the entire 6 week process & see the results. I'll keep posting if you do Anyone else game?????????? Tammy
Happy To Be A.
on 4/25/07 8:40 pm - Luzerne County, PA
Tammy Too bad we don't live near each other. What I could really use is a walking buddy. I find it so difficult to come home from work, contend with the kids, dinner, schedules of who's going where, and still make time to go for a walk. My husband will go with me if I ask, but I need someone to push and prod me to go. I still would like to lose about 50 to 75 more pounds. I have lost 105 total in the past 1 1/2 years. It's been slow going a bit for me. I had very serious complications from surgery and it put me a bit behind in many aspects. I'm ready in my mind to move it forward now. I don't do well with exercise tapes.....it's that self-motivation thing..... Stay in touch and maybe we can motivate each other through e-mail. Thanks, Lynne
Tammy H.
on 4/25/07 10:07 pm - Camden, NY
Lynne, I totally understand how busy life gets. Thank God my employer has a cottage program & I work from home. Working 20 hrs a week overtime & getting the kids where they belong takes up alot of time. I know, for me if I don't move my butt first thing in the morning, chances are I won't do anything that day. I'm trying to get back into at least walking 1 mile a day. I did it yesterday & today... Yippee.... I would love to keep each other motivated & accountable through email. My email address is [email protected]. Email me any time. Make sure you put OH Buddy or something like that in the subject line so I know it's you. Take care.... We can do this together......... Tammy
cush
on 4/29/07 4:56 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Thinks, Sounds like you're back to doing the right thing. Your daily menu sounds like something I could do. It' no secret that I really don't like exercise. I want say it's the main reason my weight has stop dropping, but it would help alot if I would add alittle exercise to my daily routine. Easier said than done. Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work. Take Care Carolyn (Jc C.)
L C.
on 4/30/07 1:48 am - Port St John, FL
Hi Lynne, Thanks for posting this. It is great to see that after a slow platuea you are loosing again. I've been at a plateau since Jan/Feb after my cruise. I was so depressed when I got back and I hurt my hip that I couldn't and didn't feel like excersing at all. I have been at 180 to 182 for more then 2 months and I am tired of trying to break the 115 barrier. I get there and then do something to sabotage myself. It is like I'm afraid to get below 180. Part of the problem for me is that I am having a very difficult time accepting this new me...I get scared of what guys are thinking when the see me all the time. I want to be attractive, but I am so scared of attracting the wrong type of man in my life and not being able to recognize it. Wow! Sometimes just writing from teh heart can show you something you've been trying to avoid. Okay, I need to work on this and get through this...maybe it's time for some professional help for myself. I don't want to scare myself all the way back to 293 or higher. I am so glad you posted your menu and will look to trying this out for myself. I am eating too many carbs and snacking on bad foods. I know this and want to work at getting good protein in and more veggies. Thanks again, Lori 293/182/150
Happy To Be A.
on 5/1/07 8:45 am - Luzerne County, PA
Lori, I know exactly what you mean about the self sabotage thing!! It's almost like if I drop below a certain level I will be losing "me". I know that it's not true but none the less I find myself sabotaging myself...or at least I was. It's funny, because I am in the food industry and I am a very good cook, but I find if I keep the frozen dinners on hand they really do keep me on track and are the perfect size & portion for me. It's the no-brainer part for me, I think. I used to dread the days when I threw up, now I wish they were back to remind me not to over do. Now how sick is that?! Well I'm glad to hear I'm not alone. Maybe we can all keep each other going! Thanks, Lynne
Most Active
Recent Topics