21 months post op today

Mrs. G
on 5/1/07 12:00 am - E. City, NC
And yesterday I hit my original goal for myself of 150. Today I'm 149 and going to keep working towards my revised goal of 134. I haven't ever had a normal BMI my whole adult life, it's very surreal to have finally gotten that far. I still see a fat person when I look in the mirror. Last weekend while we were at our offroad event, me and my best friend were talking about my issues with not seeing myself as everyone else sees me. She asked what size my pants were, I told her they were 8's. She said hers were 10s. This is my very skinny, very beautiful best friend. And I'm smaller in pants sizes now?? I'm still convinced something was wrong with her jeans, they had to be sized wrong. lol I have 3 pairs of size 6 jeans that fit but are too snug for my liking so I'm holding out on wearing them til I get a few more lbs off. I hope everyone is doing well, I've seen several people mentioning getting back on track and while it's hard, it can be done. I'm down 36 lbs in 4 months since I recommited myself. I don't get in a whole lot of calories, but I do make sure I eat proteins, excersise, and get in my water and vitamins daily. No matter what, we're all so much healthier now than we were 21 months ago, and we should all be very proud of how far we've come! Hugs ~ Connie 269/163 surgeon's goal/150 my 1st goal/134 my new goal/149 now
Dawn B.
on 5/3/07 3:53 pm - Anderson, CA
Hi Connie, Congrats on hitting your original goal, for getting back on track, and for what seems a great outlook!! I understand the issue of our vision problems. I KNOW I'm a size 6, plus or minus depending on cut/whether I'm up/down 5 lbs/etc., but when I look in the mirror - or worse - sitting naked - oh the fat/skin rolls! Occasionally I see my wrists or ankles in just the right angle and they look very thin, but that's about it. I can so see why anorexic people can't see themselves as they should. It's why I concentrate on the scale/clothes size to know how I'm doing. If I waited for me to LOOK like I was done I'm afraid what I'd look like. Keep it up and stay happy!! Dawn
Mrs. G
on 5/4/07 9:01 pm - E. City, NC
Thank you for your reply and your support Dawn! I agree with what you said about depending on the scale and clothing size to know how you're doing, and I think I need to work towards that very soon myself. I'm a LOT like you in that sometimes I see my wrists as small but rarely do I think of any other part of me as thin or even normal size. I just see the fat and skin. YUCK! Take care! Connie 269/163 surgeon's goal/150 my original goal/134 my revised goal/146 today
Most Active
Recent Topics