Somebody help - what's going on?????

Carrie N.
on 5/30/07 12:50 pm - Pigeon Forge, TN
Post Date: 5/28/07 4:52 pm OK....I had surgery August 2005 at 386 pounds. I lost about 150 in the first year, and pretty nothing since then (although I still get people asking me if I have lost weight in the last few months). Right now I am about 230. No matter what I do, I don't lose. I was eating 1,000 calories for months, no loss. The nutritionist said it wasn't enough, and I should go to 2,000. I did and lost like 11 pounds in 4 days, then it came right back plus a few. I exercise, don't lose weight. I don't exercise, don't lose weight. I go to 6 Flags and eat fried dough and onion rings all day and lose 6 pounds. Then I eat salad and grilled chicken and Lean Cuisine meals for a week and play raquetball every day for a week and gain 8 pounds. I go out for Chinese food and waaaaaaay too many ****tails and lose 4 pounds overnight. I have no idea what I should be doing. Is it possible I am supposed to be 230-240 lbs? I am still huge!!! My arms are disgusting. My belly is gross. I had considered going to a water park this summer, but I can't find a long-sleeved bathing suit. I am still a size 16. I am 6' tall. My BMI is still 32, so I am still obese. I had my body fat tested, and it is 26%, which is normal, they say. What am I doing wrong? I can't see that 230 pounds can be normal and reasonable for a woman. we had a dieting contest at work (of course, I did not join because it involved weigh-ins), and almost everyone was around 140-150. How depressing is that? I am 100 pounds bigger than everyone at work after all of this. Why am I just stuck for almost a year?? Arrrrrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!!! I give up! By the way, I cannot figure out how to add picture, but here are my most recent photos, last week at brother's wedding. I am totally disgusted!!! Last summer, I was the same size and I felt awesome. This summer, I feel like a big, fat, slimy, horrible greasy pig and even worse than before surgery. I feel like I don't even want to go in public sometimes. Like I go and have surgery, which is pretty much a guarantee to lose weight and I still can't do it right. Any ideas? Carrie
Most Active
Recent Topics