Beer,wine,cheating

GinaPell
on 5/31/07 5:01 am - Richmond, VA
To my dear Message Board August '05 friends: I love you all and read this message board pretty regularly so I feel I know all of you. I had my surgery in Richmond, VA. My surgeon's office very strict about post-surgery lifestyle. I was told I could never drink anything carbonated the rest of my life because it would stretch out my pouch thinning the lining of my pouch (which could possibly then burst) or pop some staples from the stretching done by compressed air from carbonation. (Beer, soda, wine) I haven't had a sip of diet soda or beer since August of '05. I can never have it the rest of my life. That's the deal. I can never eat sugar the rest of my life. That's the deal of the surgery. Vitamins, water, being a little bit active and we're given our health back. The possibility of a longer life and some self-confidence by being a regular size. We're all people who have major stress in our lives sometimes. Please be good to yourself and remember that you are loved and supported. We have this opportunity that so many other people couldn't - due to insurance or financial reasons. But we got to have this surgery to get healthy. I've stayed at 169 to 173. A size 10. I'm 47. I was 260 lbs for twenty years and I'm so damn happy that I can move again, look damn good and have normal blood pressure and not have any co-morbidities. I love you all and wish for you to feel blessed and know that you are fortunate for this gift and not self-destruct. Just remember the YOU BEFORE and how uncomfortable that was and be joyous in the new you! No matter what weight you currently are at. I hope you don't mind me speaking my mind but I'm walking this path with you and we need to be strong for each other. Love ya, Gina
nybabe
on 6/6/07 12:35 am - Babylon, NY
Gina THANK YOU!! That was so great - you should post more often. We all posted so regularly when we were baby postops (thats what I call everyone under a year) and I wish you had been posting back then- but NO MATTER!! It's what we make of TODAY that counts! And I have to say Im jealous! I would love to move down another 20lbs..to 173 God knows-its not as easy done than said...GRRR.. I'll write more about what Im doing in my next board post.. I wish I could say I never remembered how good sugar tasted- but you are right-THAT is the of the surgery.. As Lori says- give it to me straight and a good kick in the butt! We HAVE come a very far distance in less than 2yrs..I guess we are dealing more and more with the psychological issues now and PS stuff and I have to learn to stop looking at my body like an auto parts store.. need bigger boobs- need a lift- go here! I'm going to do another post- and you'll find out more about what Im up to. Please keep posting- we love to know more about you and we learn from your struggles as well as your success..so keep us updated! hugs, Donna
Dawn B.
on 6/10/07 5:35 am - Anderson, CA
Yeah Gina!! I know a lot of us have slipped out of the saddle and I really appreciate the straight to the point of your message. It's amazing how we can get used to not having something isn't it? Soda - what's that? I agree - I couldn't be happier with the results, and even if I've gained 5 lbs - I know the problem is me - as it always has been. And as usual, the power to take control is still mine. I might have needed the assistance of surgery, but I still made the choice to ask for the help, just like the rest of us. If we had the strength to make that decision, nothing is beyond our ability. Sometimes we just need to go back to those 6 months pre & post op to retrieve that mental energy. Thank you for the reminder! Dawn
conclusion
on 7/27/07 11:08 am - Saint Paul, MN
wow my surgeon never told me that I could not have beer or soda he did say in have it in moderation now your scaring me because I drink beer at least once or twice a month and soda the same except it is watered down.
Most Active
Recent Topics