Kim & Boston

Dawn B.
on 6/10/07 5:43 am - Anderson, CA
Hey folks - Have any of you heard from Kim? The last I heard was back in April or early May after she was having complications from her 2nd PS. I've tried emailing her direct - no response. On a lighter note - do any of you live near Boston? I'm going there Wed. (13th) and leaving the 18th with my best friend. We're using the E-Bay Live conference as an excuse to go take pictures. I thought maybe a quick lunch or dinner might be possible if you lived close. Dawn
breezyberi
on 6/27/07 1:54 am - pickerington, OH
omg dawn! im so sorry! I couldnt figure out how to get on here since they changed the format! i finally went to my old profile and clicked the link from there. i still dont know how to get back here unless i do that?? I did not mean to worry you! I also havent gotten any of your emails??? I would have def. emailed you back! I am doing better, my breasts still are having problems. I have to wait until aug 17 for him to check to see of i need more surgery. I also have alot of stitches poking through the skin and my aerolas are raised a lil but he said they should become more flush as time goes on. One small section of the underneeath breast is still slightly open. it leaks sometimes but not to bad. i think its from a stitch poking through not allowing it to close?? Once again, im so sorry dawn! It mades me feel good to know that you care and notcied i had not been on! Thank you so much for being concerned! i think about all of you guys all the time, i just couldnt get back to you all!! If anyone knows a easier way to get back to this board PLEASE let me know! Love you all! kim
Dawn B.
on 6/27/07 2:37 am - Anderson, CA
Yeah!!! I was so fearing the worse as you weren't doing well the last time we heard from you. As far as a quick way to get here... use this link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/08-2005 directly from your address bar. Also, in the new format, at the top right, there's a link "Bookmarks". Click that, click "Add" and in the pop-up fill out the name as you desire and put the link on the second line. I usually use the memory function of my Internet address bar to get here. Glad to hear from you and so sorry you're still having issues with healing. What does the doctor say about the opening after 3 months? That doesn't sound good/normal to me, but what do I know? How's the first surgery doing? Dawn
breezyberi
on 6/27/07 7:52 am - pickerington, OH
OK i added it! THANKS! my other surgery is fine. Im very happy with it! As for the opening, its only a small spot but i dont think its normal either. There is a small stitch sticking out right there too! ill ask him next time i go, but thats not until aug 17th. How have u been? Im down to 150..YAY! 264/150/135
Dawn B.
on 6/27/07 8:16 am - Anderson, CA
Howdy, Glad I could help. I would have thought the stiches would have been the dissolvable kind. Can't you call and ask the nurse if that's normal? You're 2 months before you see him. I wouldn't wait that long since it's been 3 months since the surgery. Great on getting down to 150!! I've been fine. I went to Boston with my best friend. It was so much fun to be able to sit 3 seats across w/o feeling the person next to me and to be able to curl up in the seat to attempt to snooze on the way home. I sit around 140 now - 5 lbs above my original goal of 135. At 135 I kept going down to 132 up to 138, all w/i a week and most folks kept asking me if I was okay and if I was still losing. I'm more stable at 140, and just about everyone thinks I look better. I know I need to firm up though as I've gone from 4/6 to 6/8 in my clothes and 5 lbs shouldn't make that big a difference. I haven't been exercising so the lean muscle I had gotten has now gone to flabby fat. On a positive note, I actually went out for a run/walk yesterday and a bike ride today. Here's to keeping that up. So how are the boys? Keep thinking of how good you look and how successful you've been to help you through the PS recovery process. Hopefully the scars will fade - but I know my sister's hip replacement scars (which they don't try to make invisible) took about 1-2 years to get to where they are now. I had PS on my face when I was in jr. high because a German Shepard tried to take it off. It took a full year before it was pretty much invisible and they put in 100 stiches in a 1" area! All of this is to say - healing takes time. Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics