ROLL CALL 4 JUNE

nybabe
on 6/14/07 1:58 pm - Babylon, NY
Everyone! I thought I would try something new. I saw this on the Grad board and thought we should do this. Its a monthly member ROLL CALL - including all you in Lurkerville - and we provide an update on what we're doing- where we are journey wise- a mini update of whats going on and if we are having any difficulties.. 1. First name or name you go by on the boards 2. Surgery type 3. Surgery date 4. How far post-op 5. Highest weight 6. Day of sugery weight 7. Goal weight 8. Current weight 9. Low weight post-op if different than current weight 10: Favorite Food 11. Biggest struggle as a post-op 12: How YOU are Handling It Also- if anyone is interested- please join me on FaceBook.com - its not just a clone of MySpace, its simple, yet gives you so many cool apps and video capabilities..We can write notes & post in each others blog- I thought it would be perfect for us- who want to remain in touch- yet don't log into OH as much as we did . I will go first: 1. Donna 2. LAP RNY 3. 8-15-05 4. 22 MONTHS! 5. 327 6. 327 7. 150-160 8. 202 9. 202 10:S/F Ice Cream, Edys Straw-Ban Smoothie Pop, Seafood, grilled steak 11. Trying to remain focused on getting smaller & not necessarily losing weight. Also trying to watch portion control. When I have PMS- it seems like I want to eat all the time and so I try to make good choices- but I do notice I crave chocolate & salty things. I allow myself to indulge, but only during that week. 12: Handling it? THIS is the good news! I never really stopped exercising- I slowed down a bit- but then 4mos ago- I joined a new gym and began working with a personal trainer..We just took my measurements Tuesday - and I lost 5lbs and 9inches! -4.5 from hips/ -1.5 frm waist/ -1.5 frm chest/ -.5 from both calves / -.5 thighs/ and +1.00 in arms. I gained strength! And I feel better- I look better in my clothes- even though Im not a size 12- Im working on it. This week I also began doing Shakes again Like we did postop. I saw that on the Grad Board too. Ive been doing 50-120gms protein daily and one to 1.5meals a day. They say you reset your pouch like this. But I did lose 5lbs since Tuesday. And Im also doing a 4mile walk along the beach- tryng to make it 2-3x a week. THAT is awesome in itself. I never thought I could do 4 miles and not have it bother me the next day- good shape huh? And I'm leaving for the Carribbean next week! I'm going to St Kitts/ Guadaloupe and returning July 1!! and then July 16 is my Birthday-so Im looking forward to the next month.. !! Hope you all are doing well- and do the posting!! Hugs ~ DONNA ~
Torrey
on 6/18/07 5:37 am - Houston, TX
1. Torrey 2. LAP RNY 3. Aug 31, 2005 4. 21ish months 5. 290 6. 281 7. 160 8. 183 9. 177 10: Perfectly cooked steaks from my favorite butcher 11. Chocolate 12: The anemia complication. I can't beleive I can't absorb iron orally at all. Staying motivated Trying not to let "old age" face and hanging skin get to me. Thanks for the idea Donna! Cheers, Torrey
miknikmom
on 6/18/07 7:05 am - Lake Forest, CA
1. Diana 2. RNY 3. 8/25/05 4. 21 months 5. 270 6 246 7. 135 8. 140 9. Low weight post-op if different than current weight 10: Favorite Food I hate Food because I am on Chemo 11. Biggest struggle as a post-op Cancer 12: How YOU are Handling It One Day at a Time
Dawn B.
on 6/19/07 6:34 am - Anderson, CA
1. Dawn 2. RNY 3. 8/1/05 4. 22.5 months 5. 263 6. 240 7. 135 8. 140 9. 132 10: Dark Chocolate 11. Grazing & exercise 12: As long as I'm between 135-140 I'm okay with the weight flucuations. Don't get me wrong, I'd give anything to be the person that can say they weigh xyz for years, but I've decided that will never be me. I guess I handle my ups and downs, exercise malase, etc. by not beating myself up. If I gain more than I'm comfortable with, I try to be better at following plan and w/i a week I'm usually where I want to be. I just came back from 5 days in Boston - 4 of which were non-stop walking and I really expected to lose weight as food intake was better and exercise A LOT better. Instead I gained!! That ticks me off, but this too shall pass. I think a plus is that I don't allow myself to try and match others' expectations, but my own. Donna - I hope everyone jumps on board with this -- it would be nice to hear from folks again. I'm still trying to find out if Kim is okay... Dawn
Ang
on 6/26/07 3:27 am - Allen, TX
1. First name or name you go by on the boards Angie 2. Surgery type LAP RNY 3. Surgery date 8-17-05 4. How far post-op 22 months 5. Highest weight 335 6. Day of sugery weight 335 7. Goal weight 145 8. Current weight 155 9. Low weight post-op if different than current weight 150 10: Favorite Food TOFU 11. Biggest struggle as a post-op Breast Cancer Head Hunger Trying not to regain 12: How YOU are Handling It One day at a time
ScoutMom14
on 7/11/07 12:35 pm - Loreauville, LA
I'm late to the party, as usual!! 1. First name or name you go by on the boards -- Anne 2. Surgery type -- Open RNY 3. Surgery date 8-9-05 4. How far post-op 23 months 5. Highest weight Not sure, to guess 270ish 6. Day of sugery weight --254 7. Goal weight 125-150 8. Current weight -- Not sure, last I checked 165 9. Low weight post-op if different than current weight -- 155 10: Favorite Food -- shrimp, a rare treat! 11. Biggest struggle as a post-op -- Trying not to regain, fighting sugar demon 12: How YOU are Handling It -- Keeping busy I want to get a membership to a health club. I have a busy schedule between work, Autism volunteer work, Boy Scout volunteer and surviving 2 teen boys! My 13-yr.-old is on the Autism Spectrum (Asperger's Syndrome/Gifted & Talented), is in Boy Scouts, School Band and I have a typical 15-yr.-old who is in Boy Scouts, Venture Crew, School Band. My husband & I volunteer with both the Boy Scouts and the Autism Society plus try to attend WLS support group when we are able. We are doing a first ever family vacation! We are going to the Smokey Mountains hiking, white water rafting, etc. So I'm hoping that will jump start my exercise program. I'm in a 10-12-14, even some 8s. I have an incisional hernia at my waist so it makes it hard to tell what size in each piece of clothing -- not to mention some excess skin! I alternate between being happy where I am and being disgusted I haven't done better. I am still self-conscious in shorts and swimsuits but at least I am willing to be seen in them (sometimes)! I need to get back to the program but still the best thing ever that I've done for myself! The last time I took high blood pressure, diabetes medicine was pre-op and shortly thereafter stopped the sleep apnea! I don't get fussed at when I go to the doctor -- in fact, she doesn't want me to lose anymore weight! I am anemic but I take Iron twice a day as well as multi-vitamin and calcium, sublingual B once a day. My health has improved tremendously which is why I did the surgery. I SWORE I would be happy with the weight loss and NOT want plastic surgery! BUT, I would love to have a body lift and arms, thighs would be nice, too and while I'm at it the neck, too. Other than that... I will try to post more but feel free to email me or myspace but email is the easiest way to reach me because of my busy schedule! Looking forward to my 2-year Anniversary and 2 days later my birthday! Hope everyone is doing well and having a happy summertime. Anne
Most Active
Recent Topics