I am new to this sit...

gmom7
on 7/6/07 9:16 pm - Washington Court House, OH
I am new to this site but I need help. I had surgery in 2005 , August 1. Since 6 months after surgery I have had peripheral neuropathy in both feet and part of my legsup to my knees and hips at times. I also have muscle twitching at night. Does anyone have any information that can help me? I also still weigh 188 and am 5'11" so need to lose 25 lbs. This is my first time asking or getting involved in group support.
Michele T.
on 7/9/07 3:20 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Sorry no one answered you! Everyone seems to be MIA lately. I don't have any info to help you. I suggest you post your question on the Grad board. It's much more active with people who have the same issues we do. Good Luck! Michele
Dawn B.
on 7/20/07 11:57 am - Anderson, CA
Hi Terry, Sorry I haven't checked the board. I'm assuming you've talked with your doctor(s) about this. I wouldn't expect nerve issues to be from the surgery itself. I know I went through about a year, starting at month 9 post-op, of really bad irregular heartbeats, and liver enzymes being elevated. My body didn't like the fast weightloss at all. For the last 6 months life has been really good overall. One of the things the Mayo clinic noted was that some vitamin deficiencies can affect our nervous system - I know B12 is a biggie. Are you taking your vitamins religiously? Have you had your vitamin levels checked? If you're not taking OptiSource, I suggest them. They're simple to take and it's what my surgeon suggests and they've been tracking patients for 4 years and no one who takes them as they should have had problems with blood chem. I hope you get some answers that help ya! Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics