Where are all the August 2005 WLSers???????

JackieBel
on 7/9/07 9:45 am - McAllen, TX
I get on the boards more often when I'm struggling to keep on track, and I check this board, but there's rarely activity. Where has everyone gone? Is everyone else not having problems staying on track? Everyone else is at GOAL? I'm wondering now if I'm the only one needing support to stay on track. I finally posted pictures today. After 2 years I thought it was time to show myself. To be honest, I was afraid to post pictures as someone would recognize me, but then, I tell almost everyone that I'm a WLSer. It's not really a secret. JackieBel
Michele T.
on 7/9/07 3:18 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
You're right, people are posting very in frequently. I think they must all be doing well and not need the support. At least I hope that's the case. Try the Grad board. It's pretty active and most postings are ones that we can relate too. Saw your pictures, you look terrific! Sounds like the OH conference was great. Particulary with the cast of Big Medicine there! I love that show! Helps to re-motivate me! Michele
cush
on 7/9/07 3:29 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hi Jackie, This is the first time I've been on the site since April or May. I'm surprize not to see Tammy are some of the other ladies who use to post everyday, leaving good advice for us to follow. I have to tell you the truth I have been struggling with the exercise part of this program for the last 23 months. I hate to exercise and I don't always drink enough water. I know I've gain some weight over the 4 of July holiday week. So I'm staying away from the scale so I want get my fillings hurt. For those who are doing the program right and keeping your weight down and in control,---KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. Jackie you are not along I just think we have got bore with this for now are our lifes are bizzy for the summer. I hope to see the August family back by FALL. Take Care Carolyn in Fort Worth Texas Sorry if I used bad grammar are misspelled any words.
Tammy H.
on 7/10/07 1:06 am - Camden, NY
Hey, I'm here...see my post on the board..... Tammy
Kelli S
on 7/14/07 5:41 pm - Houston, TX
Hey Jackie and fellow August 2005 buddies! I have never been a big poster, more of a lurker but I do come back from time to time and like you more often when I am struggling. I had a tummy tuck in April and have had some complications but made it though it. I have been really lax in being compliant since my tummy tuck and I am feeling the effects and really need to get on track and be more responsible. I am not at my goal but am in such a better place than I was 2 years ago. I too am very open about the surgery and feel it was one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself. I wish everyone continued success and even if you are not at goal, never too late to get back on the horse. Take Care, Kelli
Dawn B.
on 7/20/07 12:05 pm - Anderson, CA
Hi Jackie, Well, at least your post got you and some of the other lurkers to actually post. ;o) I don't recognize any of the ladies who answered you. I think we've all just moved past talking about post-op life to now living it. Most of us regulars post at least 1-2 times a month. For me, this month has just flown by... I can't believe it's been so long since I was last on. I'll have to go check the Grad board - though I like how easy it is to find messages on our little board. Dawn
prazzzhim
on 7/25/07 4:33 am - marthasville, MO
Like you, I haven't been here lately. But I also thought I was the only one struggling out here. There is no support group that I can go to. And at time I think I can eat a horse. Of course I can't. My disire for food seems to have increased. It's the head hunger thing. I'm not at my goal but I don't think my goal was realistic. I wanted to be a size 12, but I am a size 16. I wanted to be at 140 but I'm at 160. If the scale says anything over the 160 I do get a little panicky. I weight every day now. I love my new body. And also like you Ididn't tell ppl at first. But now everyone knows. lol. how much have you lost, Jackie? I've lost 150. It's been a journey , hasn't it? Well God bless, Brenda
JackieBel
on 7/25/07 5:20 am - McAllen, TX
This journey has been a hell of a ride. I love my new life. Although... I've hoovered around 100 lbs. lost. I began cheating on my diet around month 9 or 10, when I reached 100 lbs. lost. I've been a size 12-14 for over a year now. I've just recommitted myself to this lifestyle, joined the Labor Day Challenge, hired a personal trainer, and restarted eating right. I had stopped weighing, but I know now I must weigh daily or else the pounds will creep back on. Since giving up my vices the last 3 weeks, I can honestly say I'm not hungry and have no cravings. I think I got my pouch back. My goal is to be at 150 lb on Labor Day, workout 3X week, and stay on track. So far, so good. It's never too late to get to that size 12. Good luck! JackieBel
Kate D.
on 7/25/07 6:28 am - Racine, WI
I am here today for the first time in a long time and yes I will admit I am here because I am in need of support. I feel myself slipping into my old ways and I do not want that. I have come too far to go back. I am still in a size 12 and I have lost a total of 150 lbs but seem to let myself creep back on 10 lbs. I just got married and my summer has been so stressful and hectic I am hoping that things will get back to normal that I can start back exercising like I need too and was use too and start eating my meals at home and not on the run.
JackieBel
on 7/25/07 7:11 am - McAllen, TX
Congratulations on your marriage! Planning a wedding is extremely stressful. You're lucky you've only gained back 10 lbs. More water, more exercise, and more protein should take those extra lbs. right off. It's tough to get back on track though, but your lurking and posting on the boards will give you a reminder to stay focused on your health and wellness. Good luck! JackieBel
Most Active
Recent Topics