Plastic Surgery?

mccalles
on 7/20/07 12:05 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi everyone. I know this board has not been very active lately.... Probably somewhat related to the weather and everyone being so busy. A question. I know some folks have had Plastic Surgery. I am curious about who has had it, what procedures and how you think things went. I have an appointment on 6 August and am looking at getting the bat wings removed, tummy tuck done and breast lift/implants. Had a consult almost a year ago, but am ready now to do something. I have Tricare Prime and am interested in knowning if anyone with Tricare Prime got it covered by insurance and how you went about it. Any info is good info. Hope everyone is doing well. Eileen 337/195/who knows anymore....
Kelli S
on 7/23/07 10:33 am - Houston, TX
Hi Eileen. I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair April 17th. I was not at my goal weight but I had so much skin hanging on my lower abdomen my surgeon agreed to do it. I am glad I had it done but it was a bigger surgery to me than the gastric bypass was. I am still recovering 3 months later. I wish I would have had a breast lift done at the same time. My insurance did not end up covering it though others who have United Healthcare have had the procedure covered. I am still working towards my goal (I would like to lose another 20 to 25 pounds) and all in all it was very worth it. Good luck! Kelli
prazzzhim
on 7/25/07 4:25 am - marthasville, MO
i don't have to much saggy skin, but i decided that I wanted to have a face lift. 3 months ago I got a "lifestyle lift" It's a mini face lift. I wasn't put to sleep. It's done with a local, like what a dentist uses on your teeth. I look 10-15 yrs younger now.recovery time is shorter also. I was going to update my profile with new pics but since OH has changed I couldn't figure out how. But I've lost a total of 150. I now weight 160. I wanted to get to 140 but it doesn't look like I'll get thee. But I am happy where I am now, no I'm exstatic with where I am.I love my new life.I love my new body. I love God for giving me this chance. Good luck with your surgery.
Torrey
on 7/26/07 3:25 am - Houston, TX
I'm still in the consulting process. I started about a year ago, then had my bought with anemia. I'm ready to start again. Right now I'm trying to find a balance. Insurance will probably cover a panulectomy (just the skin removal). Since there is no way I can pay for, take the time off work for, or endure the recover for, all the procedures I want (an LBL, Arms, and Breast Lift). I may just get the pani removed and see how how that works. It's hard to decide what I dislike more, the saggy stomach skin, arms, or thighs. I'd go ahead and get used to it except for the rashes and the way the pani looks under clothes. Please keep sharing about your journey. Cheers, Torrey 281/183/160
L C.
on 8/1/07 5:09 am - Port St John, FL
Eileen, I had a consult with a PS on June 25th and am still waiting to hear if my insurance will cover a panni done. The doctor said that with the removal of the skin (which I am a great canidate for, his words) all the other areas will look awful in his opinion. I realy liked him. He didn't discuss any other procedures with me because he figured that I wouldn't be able to afford teh cost. He is right about that. But I did inform him that my arms have to go!!! I have always hated my arm, even as a child I hated how big my upper arms were and now with th weight lose they just swing in the wind...totally gross. It will cost $7000 if he does it and insurance doesn't cover this. That is total cost, so I will check to see about having breast done then too. He also stated that thighs will become an issue for me as well, but again that isn't covered. So, we shall see. Best of luck as you proceed! Lori 293/186/150
mccalles
on 8/2/07 3:07 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi everyone. I had my appointment a bit earlier than planned.... cancellation that I jumped in on. Anyways, I had a brief meeting with the plastic surgeon (he has also had a gastric bypass!). Anyways, after meeting with him, they took pictures. I told the gal taking the pictures, that I may need some 8x10 glossies of those pics! LOL! Anyways, they use them to go to the insurance company. I also took in pages from my medical records (family dr as well as my gastric bypass surgeon) showing any issues I have had with rashes, infections, pain, and the like. I have also written a letter to the insurance company speaking about quality of life issues, pain, rashes, anything I still can't do because of the excess skin. Just waiting for the PS office to put everything together and submit to the insurance. I was told that the panni might get authorized, but they don't think anything else will. I have a bit in my record about shoulder pain caused by hanging skin on my arms. I am hoping that between my letter and the family Dr med charts showing pain and prescription drugs that my bat wing removal might get approved also. If not, the possible costs could be: Pannilectomy $9000 Breast lift with implants $8800 (gel) or $8200 (saline) Brachioplasty $5600 But, the arms and breast could be done together and will cut down on the cost a bit because only 1 anesthetic and one OR charge. Tummy will have to be done separate because of fluid balancing and too much being done at one time otherwise. Also, if insurance covers the tummy, it may be done in a hospital with overnight stay instead of in the PS office OR suite. The arms getting done are a biggie for me. I can not camoflage them. They are huge and the skin even hangs over my elbows when my arms are at my sides. My husband said get the breast done! He kids me that it looks like I have oranges hanging in stockings... nothing there but skin and even that is still fills a DD or DDD cup! Remove the excess skin and I would look like a boy, I think! My daughter is getting married in ST Thomas on 29 February and I would like to wear a sleeveless dress and look good! So I hope they get this rolling soon. I will probably go ahead and get the breasts and arms done soon, even if the insurance doesn't cover. But, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will. The tummy I can cover up, although I do have problems with rashes and infections. The belly button really stinks when it gets infected! I will let you know what is happening as I go through this. Please let me know how you all are fairing. Also, anyone that has gotten their insurance to cover their procedures, I would be interested in knowing what "phrasing" helped with that. Take care. Eileen 337/195/???
breezyberi
on 8/2/07 4:05 am - pickerington, OH
I had a panni removed on feb. 9 and a breast implant/lift on march 30. Im still having problems with the breast. One is larger, higher and bigger. Its also causing pain. He wanted to wait the whole 6 months after to see what it will do. My next appt. is aug.17, at that time we will figure out what to do, whether to have another surgery ot what. if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I love u all! KIM
Torrey
on 8/9/07 3:24 am - Houston, TX
Hi Kim, did you just have the panni removed, or a tummy tuck? My panni's gotten so bad all my doctors have written letters of recommendation to get it removed. However, if I keep hearing a panni isn't worth it over on the Plastics board. Most everyone has had an TT or LBL. I'm a little nervous about the recovery time for muscle repair. Cheers, Torrey
breezyberi
on 8/11/07 11:48 pm - pickerington, OH
Hi torrey, i just had the Panni removed, because i only had enough money to choose either the actual implants or the extra for the full tummy tuck. I beleive it was way worth it, I would do it again,the same way.. and spend the extra money for the boobs if i had to do it again...HOWEVER, if i could afford it, i would have gotten both done. (the full tummy and boobs)The panni ISNT as good as the full TT, BUT its sooo worth it either way, it just depends on your money situiation and choices. I would be more than happy if you send me your email addy to email you my before and after pics of the panni, and let you decide. I think you will agree if you had to either have a panni removed or NOTHING, you would get it removed. Good luck! Im here for you if you need me! Love you all! Kim 264/150/135
Torrey
on 8/12/07 10:57 pm - Houston, TX
Thanks for the reply Kim. While I'd sure like the girls to look better, they made it thru the weight loss pretty well. I have two consults in the next week. I'll pick a plan and a doctor and go with it. If I can get the insurance to pay for the panni, I think I'll go ahead with the TT. I just don't think I can handle a whole LBL. I'm complication girl, and want to limit my time in the OR. I do wish all the thigh proceedures weren't so icky. I don't hear anything good about those; pain, scars, complications. I'll just have to except no short shorts. Cheers, Torrey
Most Active
Recent Topics