hello my august friends!

sheree G.
on 8/15/07 1:22 pm - westminster, CA
Wow another year!! I did great the frist year and a half. Then I quit smokeing and gained almost 30lbs. yep it happend.. I was so discourged,dissapointed inmyself ashamed etc. I'm writeing this to say I never got to my goal yet I went from 285 to 190 then 30lbs more!! Im now 210. Im kinda bummed about it though. But know I can still work the pouch. I can't eat like I used to its the constant grassing I think. /gotta work on my head hunger!! But Im glad I had the surgery though.. I can do most anything from rideing bikes with my son to going boogie boarding in the ocean and I can walk for days.. I do feel great and so much more healthyer!! I hope everyone is well and Im glad you were all here for me when I needed questions answerd. Just one more question... Is it to late to work the pouch at this stage? Love you guys,sheree
Joyful1
on 8/16/07 10:25 am - SE, WI
Hi there, Sheree My 2 year just passed and I don't count myself as a success. I too started out at 285...I lost between 87-90lbs by the end of the 1st yr and then it just stopped cold. I lose and gain the same 3lbs. I've been good all along with getting my protein in and drinking plenty of water. I probably eat more carbs than I need but not excessively. My portion sizes are still fairly small. If I go out to eat, it usually ends up being 3 meals and I still don't drink with my meals. I have a very sedentary job but try to get some walking in a few days a week. It can get very demoralizing if you let it, 90lbs is 90lbs and thats alot! I feel so much better now than before the surgery and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I'm going to go and see an endocrinologist for a THOROUGH Thyroid check....I recently had a physical w/blood tests and although my thyroid levels were in the normal range, the T4 was in the very low range of normal. I have ALOT of the symptoms of hypo thyroid so maybe thats the problem...I do know after reading so many other profiles, some even having a hard time stopping their weight from coming off...that something is definately wrong.... GEEZ....Sorry for Rambling on here, Sheree It's WONDERFUL that you stopped smoking!! I hope that's still going good for you. As far as that grazing goes...it's probably your body's way of telling you that it's thirsty. If you catch yourself snacking, grab a glass of water or v8 juice instead, I'm sure that'll help you start losing again and protein too!! And YES! WE STILL HAVE THIS GREAT TOOL!!! MORE WATER AND PROTEIN!! WE CAN KEEP THIS PARTY GOING!! And just think how much HEALTHIER AND HAPPIER WE ARE! GOOD LUCK TO YA, SHEREE Adrienne*
prazzzhim
on 9/13/07 1:53 am - marthasville, MO
yes it been 2 yrs & maybe you haven't made your goal YET, but hang in there. I haven't made my goal either. But I am good where I am. I'm down 150 then up 7 lbs.down 2 up 1 . yoyo. I ran a 5K last Oct. & it was so amazing. My son flew to Mo from Az to run it with me. A little before the finish line my other son & his daughter came from the croud & we were slowly running(I was tuckered by then) towards the finish line. well I saw the finish line & mouthed to my son that I needed to run on. I let go of my grandaughter"s hand & started running harder. Well I was almost there & I heard footsteps & turned & my little 4 yr old g-daughter was running as hard as she could to catch me. So I took her little hand & together we crossed the finish line. It's a moment I will never forget. It to this day brings tears to my eyes. Life is great. Brenda
Most Active
Recent Topics