I'm late, but I'm here!

cush
on 9/12/07 4:34 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Hello ladies and happy anniversary to all of us. I hope everyone is doing well, and looking forward to fall and the holidays. It's been cool the last 2 morning here in Fort Worth Texas, and the weather seems to be changing. Some of the stores around here have started putting up Christmas stuff before halloween. Me (Carolyn) I just think the stores are moving to fast. Well I hate to be the problem child but some of my old bad habits have come back. I know some of you want to flame me but please be nice. (Smile)!!!!! I'm back at 192 and 3 weeks ago I was up to 195. I get hungry before bedtime and I want to eat all the wrong foods. Some times I'll really try to get back on track, but stress gets the best of me and I want to eat. I have started taking 4 green tea energy pills. 2 in the morning and 2 around 3pm. I need alittle help to get me through the last couple of hours of the day. I'm looking to get a TT in January are Feb. of next year. And I hope I will be happy with my new mid section. My 16 jeans are tight in the waist, but fit good ever wear else. So after I loose the donut from around my waist I will look so neat in my clothes. I promise I will take a picture and post it so you ladies can finally see me. Take Care Carolyn - 284,- last year around this time 184, but now 192.
mccalles
on 9/17/07 2:01 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Carolyn, Unfortunately, I am doing the same thing you are doing. I seem to want to eat the wrong stuff and evenings are again becoming my downfall. I have crept up a bit in weight and am finally trying to stop this slide. I have started to get all the tempting stuff out of the house and am not buying anymore. I am also trying to drink a glass of water before I eat anything when I want to eat the wrong stuff. Good luck on your plastics. I am actually scheduled for 2 ops the week of 15 October -- having the batwings removed (brachioplasty) and then have work done on the girls. I am holding off on the TT for a while longer since I feel like I can cover that up with clothing. Eileen 337/ was down to 192 but now 207
Dawn B.
on 9/26/07 2:44 pm - Anderson, CA
Hi Carolyn, I'm with you with the grazing and such. I'm managing to maintain on the scale, but not on the inches as I'm not exercising. As usual, we know what to do and we can use our tool the correct way if we choose to do so. If you're really struggling, go back to what you were posting early post-op to remotivate yourself. I'm sure it will help. Just a note about caffiene. At our last support meeting we were told about 5 patients in the last year that have had to be scoped due to issues and it was found they had developed ulcers in their intestines in major part to going back to drinking caffienated coffee. The caffiene, like everything else, goes straight into the intestines w/o being broken down by stomach acids and the intestines don't have the protection needed. Be careful. Dawn
nybabe
on 12/12/07 3:16 am - Babylon, NY
Hi Carolyn The problem you are experiencing- is the spike in your glucose levels.. its not just about taking protein ( but how is that level for you?) its also about your nutrition.. I have found something that works well for me- I have tons of energy and although Ive never been diabetic- I feel more serene- and less likely to want sweets or sugary things ( I do get PMS still) and I think this may be a great solution for you- and is very successful with the post ops I work with. I have taken 3ins off my waist and maintain my weight within 3lbs..and yes I do exercise- but the energy I have is becuz of my vitamins..and I was anemic before surgery- so that always made me tired. See my post today- to read what Im doing in the gym- Im going to begin spinning classes this month..and Im 51.. have a great day- and dont flame yourself. Pick yourself up- dust off your boots and take some action to begin. One step at a time- one day at a time- you'll be back to where you were. please contact me here or my email: [email protected] Donna
Most Active
Recent Topics