Hi Everybody!

mccalles
on 7/15/08 11:43 am - Virginia Beach, VA
It has been so long since anyone has posted here! I really hope everyone is doing well. I seem to spend my time now over on the Plastics board. But I have fond memories of each one of you! I have had 2 rounds of plastics so far. Had my arms done and then got the girls fixed up.... lifted and then implanted. Also had to have a revision of the lift - darn skin. But that all went very well. Went in to my PCM for a refill on some of my regular meds (allergies), and asked him about what I thought was just a little goiter in my neck. Found out after an ultrasound and a biopsy, that I had a large thyroid nodule (think about the size of a golf ball or a small egg). Went in Thursday 7-10 and had the right side of my thyroid removed. Totally benign, but it is additional surgery and has left a nice sized scar on my neck. I am doing well though. Recovering quickly. My 3 PS experiences got me moving in the proper direction post neck surgery -- walking around the hospital just hours after surgery, heading right into the bathroom and drinking like mad as soon as possible. The nurses on the unit couldn't believe how quickly I got moving. But PS taught me that is the best way. Also, the meds they gave me were no where near as good as the PS drugs. But I also knew to take enough to keep the pain down, but not to over medicate. Did great there too. Well, I hope everyone is doing well and having a great summer. Take care and thanks for all the support you have provided over the years since my life got turned around! Eileen
Dawn B.
on 8/2/08 2:34 am - Anderson, CA
Hi Eileen, You've been a busy girl with all the surgeries. Really glad the thyroid nodule was benign. Happy Anniversay month!! Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics