Happy Annivesary!

Dawn B.
on 8/2/08 2:35 am - Anderson, CA
Well, don't know if there's much point of posting since it's a rare occurance when someone posts, but what the hey. Happy Anniversay everyone. My dad asked me a week ago if I would do the surgery today if I knew the qwirks I would develop and I said YES!!. I hope all of you would agree and are doing well!! Dawn
Melannie W.
on 8/8/08 9:12 am - Florence, KY
Hi Dawn, My 3rd re-birthday is Sunday August 10. I would do this again in a second.....no regrets whatsoever. I think fewer people post and respond because we finally get to see what "living" is actually like!! I am still amazed everyday when I find something new I can do......life is so awesome. Happy Anniversary to you.....glad to hear things are still going well. Big hugs to a surgery sister! Melannie
(deactivated member)
on 8/22/08 11:02 am - Western New York, NY
I thnk you are right about just "living" now at 3 years out.  I realized I haven't logged in since last December!!   I just had my 3 year post-op appointment at the surgeon's office and everything went very well.  I'm maintaining a 101 lb weight loss, I seem to fluctuate within 5 pounds but what woman doesnt?  I'm the same exact weight I was a year ago, so I think that's a good thing...although I was hoping to have lost a little more. 

My only problem seems to be that I've become anemic.  My iron levels have been consistently low since my surgery.  I'm taking an iron supplement now  with Vitamin C in addition to my regular vitamins.  I'm thinking ahead to the next couple years and having children with my husband and I don't want my low iron levels to cause any problems or complications.

I can eat pretty much anything I want, just not in the same quantities obviously.  Ice cream and very sugary sweets still give me problems, but it keeps me on track. 

Happy surgiversary everyone :)
Pammi G
on 8/23/08 4:52 am - Dallas, TX
Happy  re-birthday Everyone in August 2005.  I cannot believe 3 years has past.  Dawn is so right no one really post very much but I do come back every now and then to see how  my  sisters in WLS are doing.

Bless us all.   Yes,  I would do it over again.  My life has changed so much for the better.  Not  (and I say this all this time in my posts)  that I was SO unhappy before,  but now I really see how much my weight kept me from doing things and enjoying life.

I will ALWAYS have the "big girl"  mentality.  After 40 years that is hard to change but I would so do it again.  WLS change my life for the better. 

The only thing I miss is my boobs.  My DH keeps claiming  he is going to buy me some.  I guess at 45 now I will be the perkiest  pair in the nursing home.

"I am not afraid of the storms, for I am learning to sail my ship."  Louisa May Alcott.

That is me  EVERYDAY.

Take care,

Pam
In the book of life, the answers are not in the back.....Charlie Brown.

Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics