Can you believe it has been 6 months?

Tanya-RN
on 2/2/07 7:58 pm - Spring, TX
Well here I am at 6 months since I have had this life changing experience and what a ride this has been for me. It baffles my mind to think that ONLY 6 months ago I was sad, depressed, fat and wanting to not go on anymore. I wore a size 20 but needed a 22 even though I refused to go buy that high of a number for me. How sad is that? Now I sit here and can wear a 12 pant and some 10's (those are the ones that you just walk in and cant breath or sit down- but you look good lol). I dont sleep all of the time and have more energy then I have ever had before. I want to go shopping and love how I look in clothes again. Sorry Lane Bryant, you will no longer get my money as I am shopping at Macy's in the junior section!!!!! The looks from men is also helping me as I notice the "look". I dont always see them cause my head is still stuck on my original size and am working on that. There are also some interesting fall backs to this change I have discovered- the women around me went from wow and congrats and you look great to now dont you think you have lost enough, you are smaller than me, you dont look good getting skinney now. When did that happen that they became Katty? I will see Dr.D this coming week but we did my labs early and they are wonderful. It shows I have the program down right and my vitamins are taken and working with my body correctly. Heck my lipids are
wahoo59
on 2/3/07 12:54 am - Cranbury, NJ
Hi Tanya, You look fantastic. It will be 6 months for me on the 8th. Keep up the wonderful work. I am down 101 since surgery myself. Congrads on the weight loss. Tommy
sunshine22
on 2/3/07 4:45 am - Karrington, MN
Tanya, Congratulations on your mile stones. I hope this weight loss is encouraging in all areas, remember what it felt like to be the "fat" one..its not so much jeolousy as they dont know how to handle the situation correctly. We were fat for a reason and I plan to use that experience to empower other women to see past the physical in this "looks" society...We know personality and character are rated much higher...Thanks for the post....Sue H.
Laura P.
on 2/8/07 2:22 am - Fort Worth, TX
Hey girl! I just found this forum. Kool! I'm down 83 pounds and looking forward to quickly getting rid of the other 60 needed to go. We miss you on the TMB Train!! How's the Mylagram going? Keep us posted!! Laura Pankey
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 677 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 805 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 936 views