Hi August Buddies

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/07 12:49 am - FL
I have another question for you folks that are more senior than I am. Is it true that 3-6 months out is generally a time of rapid weight loss? Have you found that to be your experience? My weight has been stuck for two weeks so I want to have hope for "rapid weight loss".
LeighTilton
on 2/7/07 4:41 am - Laconia, NH
Hi Wanda, I hesitated to reply because I do not want to be discouraging but this is my experience. Preop I lost 23 lbs from Optifast. Since my 8/22 surgery I have lost a 81 more. The first 3 months I lost 62 and I have only lost 19 in the last 2+ months. I have no idea if that is normal or not. I am getting protien, drinking water and exercising. I would like to lose 55 more pounds to get to my goal. I hope I make it! Take care and if you follow all the "rules" you will lose! Some people just lose faster than others.
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/07 8:58 am - FL
Your weight loss is awesome! I just lost 1 pound after a 20 day stall so I'm feeling just a little encouraged that maybe my weight loss will start again. It's funny--I just thought our weight would fall off after surgery. It's not quite that easy, is it? I'm eating 800-1000 calories a day. I'm burning 300 calories on the treadmill. You would think that my body would let go. Thanks for the response. I will continue to follow the rules...sooner or later it will work. I'm convinced of that.
Linda S.
on 2/7/07 10:12 pm - Temple, TX
Hi, I had my surgery Aug. 10,2006, and I'm also at a standstill. I've lost 105#, but can't seem to get below the 203 mark on the scales. I exercise, drink water, drink protein, and eat between 500-800 calories a day. I really want to be under the 200 mark, but sometimes it doesn't seem like I'll ever make it. I keep thinking that next week will be the week it starts to fall off again, but next week never seems to get here. I've stayed the same weight now for about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks. This is really getting old. Sure hope things get moving soon! Linda
Linda S.
on 2/7/07 10:16 pm - Temple, TX
Sorry, that 203 should be 230. Must be dyslexic, too!
Jan C.
on 2/8/07 7:31 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
Hi i really think it is normal for us to have a stall around the 5th and 6th month. I have only lost 2 pounds this month. and was losing about 2 or 3 pounds a week. I think the body has to stop once in awhile to normalize itself. Just keep on doing what you are suppose to do it will have to sart comming off again. Hopefully it is soon. I have about another 30 pounds to go that i want off. I have lost 70 so far. Linda is the shirt you have on does it have a picture of you preop on it or is that an picture insert? Jan
Linda S.
on 2/8/07 9:01 pm - Temple, TX
That's a pre-op picture. It's the one that I first had on the message board.
dynofan
on 4/10/07 8:03 am - Oxford, NJ
I'm with you Jan. When I first hit the plateau I got discouraged. Now I look at it as a time to reevaluate all I've learned on the band journey. I too have lost about 70 pounds. This is the second time around with the band; lost the first one to a slip. Now I'm looking at my exercise program, and food and supplement intake. It amazes me how slowly our personal perception of weight loss changes, when it seems so apparent to those around us. My next splurge will be a full length mirror. I want to see the change!!! Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 677 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 805 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 936 views