Anyone start around the same stats as me... 222 at 5'5, wondering how everyone is doing?

Snuggles
on 2/18/07 7:42 am - Mpls, MN
Thanks Shelly
sunshine22
on 2/19/07 7:45 am - Karrington, MN
Shelly, I was 222 mainly before surgery..i did get down to 215 the day of surgery due to the liquid diet..I am 160 now --top wt for me was 232...so that is similar to you...open RNY 8-8-06. Sue.
sunshine22
on 2/19/07 7:46 am - Karrington, MN
oh forgot to tell you i am 5 foot 4 and 1/2. Sue.
Snuggles
on 2/20/07 10:19 am - Mpls, MN
I am doing about the same as you. Yes things are slow. I know I shouldn't but I weigh myself like every other day, goes up 2 down 4 back, etc but sticking around the 156. Heard any tips of how to speed things up. I am not real sure either where my goal should be. What are you shooting for?
jkfullerva
on 2/22/07 1:54 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I was 219 day of surgery 8/30/06 yesterday I was 152 I have been bouncing between 155 and 153 for 4 weeks. I am 5 "2". I have gone from a 22/24 to a 12/14. The doc said it would slow down but if I am excercising which I am not I would lose inches. I do notice that I will drop a pound in a day if I get all my protein in and do more walking than usual.
jolook
on 2/24/07 7:07 am - Rexburg, ID
Shelly: I was 222 5.5 on aug. 22nd, my surgery date. Now I am 157. 160 at the doctor's office with all my clothes and boots on. But sometimes I go up a lb. or 2 and then back down. I started on some hormones last week and my wt. has gone up from 156 and no movement for a week. My size has changed dramatically. I am wearing size 8 jeans and slacks and size 10 or 8 jackets. i started with size 18 womens jeans and 22/24 tops or 3x. Blouses still 12 or 14 to button over my (sagging) boobs. My bra size did go from 44dd to 38dd. I don't get hysterical when I stall because I notice then that my body seems to incorporate the saggy skin before the next weight loss. What is your goal weight? My doctor never really said what I "should" weigh but I'm thinking 130 or so. I think I might be eating too many carbs because the meats are still so hard on my stomach. I eat cheese, a few crackers, I don't like bread, milk hurts my stomach. I can only eat 3 or 4 oz. of anything if that and I don't feel comfortable. I get hungry and sometimes I eat an oz. of chocolate when I feel starving for sugar. Nuts are a staple for me. I throw a few in a salad or cream of wheat. Meals are generally not a pleasant experience. I like the feeling of being empty instead of full. Jo
nanahanna
on 2/24/07 7:52 am - AR
My surgery was 8/7 and I am down 60+ pounds depending on what time of day it is. I was 221 the day of surgery. I am 5'5" and am now wearing a 12/14 pants, medium/large shirt. I feel great, have been having some physical therapy to build some muscle tone. I am losing slow but I don't mind because even at 62 years old my skin is not hanging as bad as I thought it would. I don't think I will need any plastic surgery. I still want to lose another 20 to 25 pounds. I weigh a couple times a week, sometimes more. I haven't found anything in particular that consistently hurts my tummy but milk and I don't eat sweets at all. White potatos 'cause a very slight dumping episode..so I stay away from those. Sometimes (about 3 times in six months) I have dumped and not known what caused it. It is bad enough that ii is quite unpleasant but only lasts about 15 minutes where some people say they dump for two hours! I can eat something...say a salad with low fat dressing and do fine...the next time I have the slight dumping episode. Guess some days my pouch is just a grouch. LOL.
I_ride_my_harley
on 2/28/07 12:32 am - Killen, AL
I started at 267 5'2" I am now 135 I am happy where I am now. I have lost 132 lbs my surgery date was 8/2/06. If I dont loose another lb I consider myself a winner. I have had alot of complications though you can read my profile for that.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 677 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 742 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 805 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 936 views