Pregnancy Surprise!!!

brown_eyed_girl_1981
on 1/31/08 10:16 pm
Well, yesterday I went to the doctor because I've had a cold that just doesnt seem to want to go away. To my surprise my pregnancy test came back positive! I thought I was broken, hmmm looks like I'm not after all. Before surgery my periods were extreemly irregular, and since loosing weight they have been like clockwork. However, missing a period didnt shock me because I was always irregular before. Does anyone here know anyone else who has gotten pregnant following the surgery? I'm looking for advice on eating etc, so I ensure my baby gets the nutrients he or she needs. Thanks in advance... Pam
Carol G.
on 2/18/08 12:16 am - Ahwahnee, CA
I don't check this site too often although I had surgery 8/28/06, but I did today and to my surprise I saw your e-mail. I just wanted to congratulate you on your pregnancy. How far along are you now?
Brenda_C
on 2/26/08 4:01 am - Citrus Heights, CA
I don't have any advice for you but I want to say CONGRATS! I want to have a baby myself but the doctors said I'm not healthy enough. My vitamin & mineral levels are low. So I am working on raising my levels. Good luck to you. Brenda
Heather T.
on 3/21/08 8:52 am - Bucks County, PA
Hi Pam, I am pregnant too, with twins due 7/11/2008. I would check out the post-op pregnancy forum...I have learned a lot lurking there. My nutrionist told me (prior to finding out it was twins) that I needed 10 extra grams of protein per day for the baby. She also reminded me that the baby takes everything they need first.. I found it easier to eat many small meals throughout the day, especially with the "all day" sickness (rather than the morning sickness). I hope that all goes well for you...Congrats and good luck!!! Heather
Lynne K.
on 5/26/08 3:00 am
OMG!!! I just found out 2 days ago that I am pregnant too....my periods were like you said CLOCKWORK after surgery...When I was 8 hours late I began to worry already...but I waited another 4 days to test...it was positive the MINUTE the pee hit the stick I swear~~~I am so nervous and am afraid that I will die before tomorrow when I can actually call the Doctor to be seen. Ok, that was a little exaggerated....but being a holiday weekend...they aren't open today...just my luck...well I just found this site today and I hope to make it back here regularly to get some help... LYnne
anna1916
on 6/1/08 11:39 am - Bellmawr, NJ
WOW!! Congratulations to all of you on your pregnancies! I hope everything has been going well for each of you, and you are soon welcoming healthy babies into your homes. I had the opposite news recently. I have not had my period since my surgery, but I have PCOS, and it was not uncommon for me to miss months at a time. Once I hit a year without a period, I thought I'd better look into it. Turns out I am in menopause - at 43!! Best wishes to each of you as you welcome your new additions!
maribelm
on 6/11/08 9:40 am - San Mateo, CA
Congrats on your pregnancy and I am wishing you a happy nine months. I became pregnant 6 months out (RNY 8/13/07) and so far I am in my 6th month due mid-sept with twins and so far i am doing good. I did meet with surgeon , Ob and nutrionist. Also still taking vits w/extra folic. If you have any questions just send me a message. I occasionally post on the post op pregnancy board but message me anytime. CONGRATS! Maribel edd 10/3 Twins! Boy and Girl
Christine D.
on 5/11/10 5:34 am - Lancaster, OH
Wow, I was always told I couldn't get pregnant well it turns out I am.  To top it off, I just have my RNY surgery 12/10/2009 and my last period was 2/14/2010.  I'm 46 years old and have three sons, 19, 17 and 6 years old so this is a shocker.  Apparently I wasn't ovulating when I had all my weight on but after loosing my initial 85 pounds I'm pregnant.  I had my first ultrasound yesterday and they said I was about 5 weeks gestation.  My next ultrasound will be on the 20th of May.  I'm scared because it's so soon after my surgery and my age, that's self explanitory.  I don't know whether to be happy or stressed out?  Any one out there in the same or close to the same situation? 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 674 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 739 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 802 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 932 views