24 months....fast approaching, who's ready?

Lisa G.
on 7/25/08 12:55 am - Des Moines, IA
NOT ME! I am dreading my 24 month follow up, I have not lost anymore weight, things seem to be far to "normal". I eat what I want when I want and not wise choices. I think I am failing this surgery. I don't have the willpower to say no, I feel quilty eating something I shouldn't but that last maybe a nano second. I got into the 170's by a millimeter and when I took my nest breath I was back in the 180's. Who else is struggling and how are you copign with it?
lauries03
on 7/29/08 12:47 pm
VSG on 03/03/15
I had a similar problem...I got down into the low 170s and blinked ...then went back up into the high 170s and have been there for months. I have had a few fills only to be unsuccessful in maintaining them (I get too tight) and then need the fill taken out. So for now, I am adjusting. I still look much better than I ever did before, I'll wear a bathing suit without hyperventilating, and plan on renewing my exercise program. That helped me tremendously in helping take off the weight in the first place, hopefully it will do the trick to get things moving downward again on the scales. Good luck to you. My advice: think of where you were, think of where you've come to, and celebrate that while renewing your commitment to the healthy eating and maybe even some exercise. I know it's easier said than done, but we all know, that's what works.
Marylou P.
on 7/31/08 11:18 pm - Rush City, MN
Lisa, I totally know where you are coming from. I started out at 272 and am down to the low 190's and have been there forever! I havent lost a pound in 9 months. I try to stick to the rules but I am human and I do make SOME bad choices, but no where near where I was with eating before this surgery. I understand that the loss slows, and would be fine with that, but it has totally stopped. I havent been back to my surgeon since my 9 month appt. I am too afraid that he will lecture me about my failure and I just dont think I can take that. I get full, but get hungry soon after. I feel better than I have in a really long time, but I am so scared that this is where I am going to stop! I didnt have this surgery to be a bikini model, but I dont want to stop here! I am 5ft2in and 190 is still very heavy!!!
Lisa G.
on 8/4/08 10:56 pm - Des Moines, IA
Maybe we need a good butt chewing from our Dr. Like a reality check. But I don't forsee that truly doing it for me. I am trying to get more exercise but frankly I just don't want to. Yes I want the end reward, but I cannot find the motivation to truly do anything about it. So small steps I have started logging my food again, I am trying to only eat when hungry, and I am try to slow down and listen to my body for signs that I am full. Bad habits are so hard to break and although they went away for while, they are finding their way back into my life, and I cannot allow that....on a regular basis. Like you said we are human, we make poor choices from time to time. We can get back into it, I am sure! Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 11/9/08 8:56 pm - Florence, KY
My doctor suggested I go back to the beginning. Start with up to 4 days of clear liquids, then move to full liquids for 4-6 days, soft foods for a week and then back to full diet. It works!

I also see that if I back off the liquids things start stacking up again on the scales.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 675 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 739 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 803 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 934 views