Recent Posts

MelMoyl
on 3/26/14 11:53 pm
Topic: Zinc Deficiencies

Doctor say's I am zinc deficient.  She also commented that it is normal for rny patients to be iron, b, and also zinc deficient.  I know about the iron and b but haven't ever heard of zinc.  Anyone else zinc deficient and what vitamin worked best for you?

debbyeforu
on 5/30/13 8:18 pm - spring valley, CA
Topic: Up 40lbs

I am so upset i am up to 335 lbs .When I had my surgery in my weight was 477 I got down to 296. But with two deaths of babies and a terrible love life. I have blown up to 335 lbs . A ll I do is eat and I dont know what to do to get my weight back down. I can eat anything like I have never had the surgery. It scares me that I will over grow again help help help

Marci B.
on 3/20/12 1:15 am - Painted Post, NY
Topic: can eat sugar/fat w/out getting sick, feel like my pouch is gone, always hungry
I had RNY in 8/2006, did great, lost 150 lbs, now I feel like I'm starving all the time, and I can eat suger, and ever get sick like I used too...I mean lots of sugar.  I am up about 10-12 lbs.   struggle with cravings, and tired all the time.  Do you think I ruined my pouch?  does anyone know if there is a surgery to fix this problem again?  I still run/exercise a few times a week, work (RN) running my butt off all day long, but still putting back the fat on...I can feel my cells filling back up!
[email protected] is the best place to contact me!

Scared,
Marci
Marci Buckley
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wYSYsxx/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wYSYsxx/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
DBlazer325
on 9/22/11 1:00 pm - Portland, OR
Topic: RE: 5 years!
Hi there,  My name is Peggy and I live in Portland, Oregon.  I also had the Gastric Bypass RNY on August 22, 2006.  I started out at 527 lbs and have lost close to 270 lbs. I have maintained this loss for almost the entire time I started this incredible journey. I have 5 yr old twins that depend on me for everything.  I don't want to be a size 6 or 8, I just want to be a size "healthy"  I  am also so happy I went this route to lose weight. Although I have'nt been able to lose anymore, I have basically hit the Brick wall when it comes to loosing. If you want to write to me, feel free to.  My email address is: [email protected].
AnnD
on 8/18/11 9:34 pm - NC
Topic: 5 years!
Its now been five years. I am so happy to have gone this route. I had put on a couple of pounds and decided this is not what I want so I am proud to say with some hungry nights I am back on track. I no longer eat after dinner. I do struggle mentally with food but I guess that was to be expected. I mean they fixed my body not my mine. :)  Well I just wanted to say HI and say no matter what be happy.
MAG
on 11/9/10 2:57 am - Florence, KY
Topic: RE: Wow we have certainly moved on and not post anymore!
We definitely don't post much anymore! Maybe it is good that we move on? I do have low  blood sugar issues.  It is usually my fault for eating something sugary & having rebound hypoglycemia. :-P Ice cream is the WORST!
beth B.
on 8/22/10 3:53 pm - cupertino, CA
Topic: RE: LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
I have remained steady after losing 90 lbs.  I have 5 lbs that I go up or down but for the most part I am at my initial goal of 175.  That is how much I weighed when I got married 31 years ago and where I wanted to get back to.  I find that it is still a daily struggle to make good food choices and not overeat the smooth yummies like ice cream which goes down no problem.

Beth B.

lea2be
on 8/7/10 12:31 am - LaBelle, FL
I have had about 20 pounds total in regain.  But, as I had leveled out at 205 to 208 after getting down to 197 for 10 seconds in 2008, it is more like 15 actual regained pounds as I hit the scale at 222 or so most days now.  Am I good with it?  Yeah, cause I started at 410 pounds!  Would I do it again?  In a freaking heartbeat!

Lovin' Life with Lea

Lea in WV   HW410/CW220/GW185   Proximal RNY 8/29/06
ObesityHelp Mini-Challenge Support Group Leader
CLICK HERE for discount codes for savings on various WLS-friendly products!

LovelyLoser
on 8/6/10 8:10 am - Salt Lake City, UT
I'm here! I'm here! I stopped back in because the anniversary is coming up. How's everyone doing? I'm fighting a little regain. I got to goal for about a second and popped back up 10 pounds, then a year later went on oral birth control to stop my periods because I was anemic, another 10 pounds. Now 4 years later, don't know why but 10 more. Sooooo, fighting it, trying to eat right and get this *ss moving again!!! All said and done though....I'd do it again in a second! No complications (I've always been anemic), no problems at all. I did have to cut my waist length hair after the initial "fall out"  because it came back in curly. So now I have shoulder length curly hair and I love it!           Leslie
Carol G.
on 7/22/10 2:39 am - Ahwahnee, CA
Topic: RE: MAJOR Weight Gain
LOL - I refuse to accomodate.  I won't purchase a size larger I will just stuff it all in.  LOL  Plus something that I learned from this whole experience.  I ONLY shop at thrift stores.  Goodwill, Salvation Army those types of stores.  I haven't bought anything new since...geesh I can't remember when.  And the funny thing is, nobody knows.  I'm always getting compliments on my clothing.  Of course, my panties and bras's I do buy at Wal-Mart, but that's it.  I would rather buy 3 huge bags of clothes for $30 than to buy a simple little top.  It's crazy.  If you haven't tried it, you just have to.  Plus almost everything that I buy is brand new from them as well.  Tags are still on the clothes and/or they clothes are stiff so I know they are new.  My shoes I buy at thrift stores if I can find them if not it's off to Payless..........Let me know where you shop?  Also, what kind of protein drinks do you like?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Zinc Deficiencies
MelMoyl · 0 replies · 675 views
Up 40lbs
debbyeforu · 0 replies · 739 views
5 years!
AnnD · 1 replies · 803 views
LIFE at almost 4 years postop!
lea2be · 4 replies · 934 views