How are all the August folks doing

mirandajackson
on 3/9/09 2:21 am - niceville, FL
I had my surgery August 5th, 2008 and have had a great experience so far. I have lost 104 lbs I have 76 more to go to get to my goal.  I have had a stall now for quit some time I am doing everything Im suppose to. But I cant seem to break the 200 mark I just sit at 201 its like the scale is taunting me . I have starting journaling and excercising Im not worried it will happen I just have to keep doing what im doing it will happen.
Jody H.
on 3/9/09 3:45 am - Des Moines, IA

I am doing both better and worse.

It's nice to be able to taste almost anything.    Chicken rarely gets stuck now - and I haven't thrown up for at least a month.       I've lost 109 pounds as of this morning - and I'm down quite a few sizes.   

Body image is still weird.   I'm thrilled about being smaller now...  and usually like what I see in the mirror - and other times I see why I thought I was so fat when I was at this size on the way up.      I'm having a hard time reconciling the two images in my mirror.

The focus can't be about me and my surgery forever.   But that also means that other things suck up my time and attention - making me less vigilant than I was in the beginning.       I've got some greater challenges/opportunities are work - and while they are totally interesting --- I could get immersed and tend to not be able to leave until I am too tired to do more than drive home... leaving exercise off the schedule.      I"m also struggling with fatigue - some from work,  but some from low iron.     While I am immersed in work - I also find I'm not drinking enough... I can get to 5;30pm and realize I've only 16-24 ounces of water.       Shorting the water and exercise only make the fatigue worse - hence the vicious cycle.      So - I still have to find a way to make this all work -   balancing work, home and health is still VERY tough.

Jody

mirandajackson
on 3/9/09 12:54 pm - niceville, FL
I know exactly what your saying. I too have days that I dont drink enough and I feel tired and sluggish too. I can only hope I can figure it all out.
glemlm
on 3/11/09 7:11 pm - Martinez, GA
Scales taunting me as well.  200 --201---199--198--200.1---199---it is pure craziness.  I have lost 66 with 49-59 to go.   Journaling, exercising, drinking,   just having to be patient.
Linda
Karen M.
on 3/13/09 3:09 pm - Calabasas, CA
Ive lost 75 lbs and went from a size 20 to a size 12!!! I still have 45 more lbs to lose.

TopsyCurvy !!!!
on 3/13/09 8:08 pm
hi to all,

I've lost 98 lbs so far, I've been on a stall for about 6 weeks. I've started journaling again and it seems carbs are sneaking in too often, especialy now that I can eat anything. Back to basics, more protien and less carbs.  Excercise is going great, I have so much more energy now it's so unreal to me. This winter has really sucked since I'm not able to really get out and enjoy the day, and winter USE to be my fav season.. not anymore.  My sexy lingerie is not so sexy unless you consider sweats and socks to bed... haha lol.. always cold, my ceiling fan is finally getting a much deserved break... I want to thank everyone for the updates, seems a stall is norm for this time frame. Currently in size 14 comfortable fit, looking forward to size 12.. the best part is being able to shop anywhere and for alot less $$$...

Best wishes!!
ShrinkingSarah
on 3/15/09 1:57 am - Stearns, KY
Miranda, I had surgery the same day you did.  :-) We are surgery twins!  I've also had a great experience with no complications.  I've lost 106 lbs now and I feel great.  Right now I have my goal set at 170.  This is what I weighed when I was a senior and it suited my frame just fine but if I can go lower then I definitely will, just not too small.  I'm about 40 lbs from that goal.  I'm hoping I can hit that mark before our surgiversary.
Stacy71
on 3/17/09 3:03 am - OH
I had surgery August 28th and am down 82.4 pounds.  I went from a size 20 pant to a size 10!  Was wearing 2X and some 3X shirts and now wear size large that are a tailored fit.  My bloodwork, energy level, and overall happiness is at an all time high.  This was definitely the best decision I ever made.
nicunicu2002
on 3/19/09 2:35 am - Sharon, MA
im so glad to find this board.....i know we are not suppose to compare to each other but its definately encouraging to see that my weight loss is about the same as most.  my stall is killing me and my weight loss has slowed considerably.  ive started to journal again and hopefully i will be back on the right track....the carbs were sneaking in for me as well.

im so happy to be liking foods again.  it literally took me MONTHS to enjoy what i was eating.  seemed like it was a struggle to eat something and not have my pouch hurt after a few bites.  i can eat more now and dont have that horrible discomfort.

ive gone from size 3x tops to size large.  jeans from 24 to 12/14.  scrubs from 3x top to medium/lg and pants from 2x to mediums.  its wonderful.

if i could just lose the fat on my tummy..uggg!!  i would probably lose another 10 pounds if that came off.   plastics will definately be in my future.

thanks for sharing everyone!

Mistletoe76
on 3/24/09 3:29 am, edited 3/24/09 3:31 am - Fort Drum, NY

Hello! I had my surgery on August 27th and I am down 108 pounds and loving life! 

I hope that you can break the 200 mark very soon. I know for myself that was the BIG GOAL I was looking to break.

I hit a stall and it last about 4 weeks. Last Tuesday I decided to add a protein shake back into my day because I am STARVING and feel shaky after my workouts. I also increased my water from 8 glasses to 10-12 and in 5 days I had lost 3 pounds. I was thrilled with that since I hadn't lost anything in the past few weeks.

I track everything on thedailyplate.com now and I love it! I can keep my food and exercise together and print them off for my NUT.

Melissa

PS. I have gone from a size 26 pant to a 16 or XL.
       Tops have gone down from a 30/32 to a 14/16 or XL.
       Then there is the good old bra that (so far) has gone from a 46DDD to 42DD!! I hope that continues to shrink, lol.

Pre-Op 299/Surgery 284/Current 174/Surgeon's Goal 170/My Goal 140
                                       Proud Army Wife to my deployed HERO!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Been gone a long time
RaeRae1 · 1 replies · 1107 views
Ghost Town
Dot T. · 0 replies · 867 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 844 views
13 months post op sleeve
reneeskids · 0 replies · 1080 views