10 month slump

Suzanne T.
on 7/18/03 5:40 am - Frederick, CO
Is anyone having problems with old habits creeping back? I was such an emotional eater before my surgery and I thought that I was over that problem, but recently I am grazing for no reason. I'm not hungry, just eating for comfort...HELP!
Nicki M.
on 7/22/03 1:38 am - Wellington, Fl
I too am feeling the same way. I was fine and all of a sudden I find that I can eat more often and am eating when I'm not even hungry. Its just that the food is there. I have been under quite an amount of stress. I haven't gained a pound, however, I haven't lost anything either. My doctor has said to go on liquid diets for the weekend, however, its hard. I've done it over a course of two days, and in the evening having a small salad, however, its not working. I'm 35 lbs away from my goal and am getting quite upset. I didn't come this far to stay near my goal, I want to reach it! Someone please help!!!
Sarah P.
on 7/31/03 5:44 am - Pensacola, FL
I'm having the same problems Suzanne. It really scares me because I don't get sick when I eat so I eat anything I want (pizza, fried chicken, Mexican) and I'm able to eat more now than at first... So with all these things combined I get really scared that I will not reach my goal weight and then even gain the weight back in a few years... I don't know what to do because I've tried to change my eating habits and I can never stick to it!! I've never been able to stay on a normal eating plan, that's why I was 320 pounds!!! I think I need to have brain surgery to get help with my "comfort eating" Sorry I don't have any words or encouragement...
Jennifer E.
on 8/1/03 5:41 am - St. Michael, MN
I'm wondering if these feelings are "normal" for our stage in WLS. I am feeling the same way! I am even going to an Overeaters Anom meeting on Monday! I don't want to waste my window and feel like I am not making the progress I should be! I have something in my mouth all the time??????????? I have had lots of people giving support and suggestions - they are: Quit sugar, eat only protein, go to an OE meeting, drink more water. Get mor etime for yourself. Drink more shakes, and on and on.....They are all great suggestions - putting them to use is a whole other story! HUH LOL!
crawford1213
on 8/3/03 10:07 am - GA
Yikes!! I'm having the exact same problem, ladies. Looks like it really is just a "tool", huh? A friend who had surgery the day after me has joined the on-line Weigh****chers and she said that has helped her tremendously. I haven't tried that yet. I'm going to go with the liquids a few days, then get back on Atkins. I can't eat everything, but I sure can eat more, and more often. Sugar bothers me, and heavy fat things (Chicken Biscuit crackers and potato chips); however, pretzels go down just fine, thank you very much. Geesh! I'm so glad you guys posted -- I felt like it was just me.
Jean H.
on 9/9/03 8:39 pm - Florence, az
this can happen,, do a protein feast for three days... you do not have to do it in full liquid form... i dont would be tooo hard to do... protein feast gets rid of the carb monsters, and sugars... i can not do alot sugars anyway thank god for that, i also dont do carbs, i just stay away from them by choice... protein feast for three days either you can do it in liquid form and basically you get hungry drink a protein shake... i have heard of people that do up to 8 shakes a day sometimes more if needed... protein feast my way. you eat only items high in protein get back to the basics and measure that food out... then i also do protein shakes four times a day during my protein feast and i find it helps to jump start the system back again... i do this once in a while and i love it... one thing i have noticed that after a protein feast, my pouch seems to shrink back again... hope this helps you all out...
Laura D.
on 9/23/03 3:04 am - Casselberry, FL
Thank God I am not alone. But it doesn't make it any better. I am in a 9 month slump. I have been fluctuating 5 lbs lose, gain, but still 60 lbs from goal. I have lost about 80-85 lbd but I am still feeling very frustrated. I abandoned my support group because I don't want to hear what I need to do. But after reading some of these replies, I know what I have to do, I just have to do it. Emotional eating, carbs, sugars, sodas, that is all of my mistakes. At first I felt reborn that I didn't have to give them up altogether as I initally was prepared for, but now just after my 1 year anniversary, I am in sorrow, wishing I had an adverse reaction to all of these things that I can tolerate. I know protein is the key, exercise is the key, and also taking those taboo foods and ditching them is the major key. I am open to anyone who wants to be my sponsor during this low time in my journey. Please email me at [email protected], I don't know how I got to this page and don't know if I could get back. I hope we can help each other before we give up on this whole thing. Thank you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Weight Gain and Loss
Pat_Hallam · 0 replies · 530 views
Hey Out There
Charlie · 2 replies · 631 views
Gaining again!!
Cheryl B. · 1 replies · 510 views
over weight again help
Linda C. · 4 replies · 481 views