Can I get back on track???

got_pigs
on 9/3/03 3:32 am - Glendale, AZ
Ok, here's the deal..I'm at a year and out 100 pounds with 100 more to go...and I've been doing doing everything I did before the surgery for the last six months. No exercise, no cutting sugar, but I still have a smaller stomach, at least. Is there hope of success yet when you totally screw up? I can't find an exercise partner for moral support! It's depressing, and we all know the emotional eating rollercoaster! HELP!!
Nancy P.
on 9/5/03 11:07 pm - Katy, TX
Lisa, NOt to be harsh but by not exercising and not cutting out the sugars/carbs you are just defeating yourself. I was on a plateau for 6 weeks recently and my scale ws just sitting there not moving down anymore. I realized that I was slacking up on the exercise and "cheating" myself by eating those carbs and sugar foods. It was frustrating, but I am now back on track....It is not easy for me. I live alone, have no immediate family within 1200 miles of me and my support system is not the best. Most people are starting to pull away from me as I get smaller. It is funny how weight loss changes your friends perspective of you. Anyway; what I am saying is that you need to dig deep down within yourself and find that passion and desire to continue and remember that this is just a tool you were given by your surgeon and only you can make it a success. Email me if you want some moral support long distance...I understand the lack of exercise support...If you can't find it then turn to GOD for that support. He knows you best and what you need. Good luck. Nancy
Jean H.
on 9/9/03 8:30 pm - Florence, az
lisa, the first thing i would do is throw out all the sugars, some people do not dump on sugars and you seem to be one of those people.... get back to the basics, start from scratch in other words. you can do this!!!!! start parking that car farther and farther from the stores to make yourself walk to get in the doors, take and walk that store over and over again to get in some extra walking in... when its too hot for me to go out and walk i go to the mall or a walmart and just walk around it for about an hour then i feel better and i know i got somewhat of a walk in... get into a support group sometimes support groups, do a walk together to help each other.. if you are in a support group set up a walk thing time, dates and get others to go with you... its hard without that support i know but we are here for you... good luck and keep us posted hon
Karen A.
on 9/20/03 1:23 am - Great Falls, MT
I think that exercise is key to continued success. You will naturally lose wt. with this procedure, but in order to lose more and tone up, you have to work for it. I feel that we have sacrificed a lot to get to where we are and the rewards are huge so if there is anything that can be done to improve those rewards, why not do it. For me exercise has become a way of life. If I don't exercise, I feel wasted, weak and lacking in something. I would have never said that a year ago. I used to resent exercise and it was not comfortable. I don't dump on sugars so it is easy for me to eat them, but you have to discipline yourself and be an example for yourself and others by telling yourself that you can succeed and that you will succeed. Find another outlet for your emotions. I don't have an exercise partner during the week, other than God and he is a great motivator to me. When I think I can't do anymore, I turn to Him and He lets me know I can do it and that I am worthy and beautiful and successful. Keep on trying!!!!!!
Jennifer E.
on 10/1/03 1:25 am - St. Michael, MN
Hi - I am in the same boat as you - I have had so much stress since surgery that it has been very hard - I am down 90# with 48-58 to go. I just read Pouch rules for Dummies again and have been following for 3 days now and have lost 1.6# so it is working - Check it out. http://leslie_anne1.tripod.com/pouch_rules.htm This has helped me asn then I also joined Overeaters Annom. Very supportive people! Hope this helps - Jennifer - MN 9/10/02
yourdivaness
on 6/8/07 1:24 am - Atlanta, GA
Lisa, Hi! It's amazing how easily we can get off track, isn't it? All's not lost though, my dear. I've fallen, BUT I can get up! I believe if I qualified for a revision and I had a support system, I'd be okay. As I mentioned in my post of today, I eat like a bird...sometimes I don't even eat. 'Cause I'm just not hungry. Let's keep in touch! YourDivaness
Most Active
Recent Topics
Weight Gain and Loss
Pat_Hallam · 0 replies · 529 views
Hey Out There
Charlie · 2 replies · 630 views
Gaining again!!
Cheryl B. · 1 replies · 509 views
over weight again help
Linda C. · 4 replies · 480 views