One year and starting to gain

Patricia K.
on 9/16/03 5:39 pm - Winchester, IN
Do not get me wrong, I would never change having my surgery and I understand slumps, however I had lost down to 165 and have crept back up to around 180. I am so ashamed of myself that I can not see straight. I do not want my husband, family or friends to find out. I feel like a failure. However I do know that the best thing to do is get up off of my lazy rear end, stop feeling sorry for myself and get back on track. Maybe this is my first step. Thanks for letting me vent.
Margalit G.
on 9/19/03 11:26 am - Los Angeles, CA
Patricia: The most important thing to do is to take action. We were given the gift of this surgery. It has allowed us to manage our obesity. We will always enounter setbacks. As long as we don't let the setbacks control us, we're fine. Don't allow yourself to be in "shame" anymore. Haven't we had enough of those feelings? I'm 1 year post and still losing and I know those "gains" are ahead. We need to support each other and make sure we take control right away. Don't be ashamed of yourself. Be proud of what you've accomplished and what you're continuing to accomplish. I'm thinking of you... Margalit
Karen A.
on 9/20/03 1:13 am - Great Falls, MT
I am about to hit my one year mark and I did gain a little wt. when I went on a road trip, but I have since lost it now that I am back to my normal routine and not living out of my van (you can eat a lot of pringles when you're driving for 10 hours a day). I was able to drop the wt that I put on by hitting the gym really hard again. I didn't work out much when I was on vacation. Why do you suppose that you gained some wt. back. Did you change the way you were eating or what you were eating? I too think I would be ashamed if I started to gain wt. back, but we can't do that to ourselves. There will always be set backs in life, but we can overcome any obstacle with determination, hard work and prayer. Best wishes to you. Karen
Jennifer E.
on 10/1/03 1:29 am - St. Michael, MN
Check this out - it is helping me... http://leslie_anne1.tripod.com/pouch_rules.htm I have been on 3 days and down 1.6# Hope it helps - Hugs, Jen - MN
Most Active
Recent Topics
Weight Gain and Loss
Pat_Hallam · 0 replies · 529 views
Hey Out There
Charlie · 2 replies · 630 views
Gaining again!!
Cheryl B. · 1 replies · 509 views
over weight again help
Linda C. · 4 replies · 480 views