It's My One Year Anniverary

Mary Lou B.
on 9/25/03 6:06 pm - Coronado, CA
It's my one year anniversary. I had laprascopic gastric bypass surgery on Sept. 25, 2002. I started at 275 lb. and I now weigh 150 lb. I seem to have stablilized at 150 lb, staying between 148 to 152. The first 6 months post surgery I felt awful...very weak, never hungry, felt yucky after I ate and I ate only because I needed nutrition. Now I enjoy all kinds of foods, but still am able to eat only small portions and feel full. If I dine out, I always ask for a take home container right away and put half inside. Then I enjoy what's left and sometimes can't finish that. I still follow the rule about eating your protein first and that works for me. I try to remember to eat slowly and chew the food well. I crave sweets at times and will indulge but in small portions. I'M NOT ON A DIET! I DON'T FEEL DEPRIVED. I'm also absolutely crazy about fuji apples and eat one everyday. I love fresh fruit now which I rarely ate before surgery. I'm positive that an important key to success with keeping the weight off is EXERCISE. Since April, I've been working out at the gym 2 days a week which has helped with toning my muscles and my skin. (I still may have plastic surgery for my thighs, tummy and breasts someday). I also walk 3-4 days a week. I feel GREAT! I feel so confident about my appearance. I wear a size 8-10 and look great. I can go anywhere and feel so good about myself and feel like I "fit" in. I am so thankful that I had this surgery. It's given me a new life. Thank you for letting me share. Congratulations to all of you on your 1 year anniversary!! Mary Lou
CATHY J.
on 10/7/03 7:23 pm - BELLEVILLE, IL
HI MARY LOU GLAD TO HEAR YOUR DOING GOOD, I AM ALSO DOING GREAT NOW A SIZE 8 IT IS SOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER MY ENTIRE LIFE HAS CHANGED. IM FINISHING MED COLLEGE IN BILLING AND LOVE IT. I AM 51 SO THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME, I CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS SURGERY I WISHED I HAD DONE IT LONG AGO . GIVE ME A YELL CATHY IN ILL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Weight Gain and Loss
Pat_Hallam · 0 replies · 529 views
Hey Out There
Charlie · 2 replies · 630 views
Gaining again!!
Cheryl B. · 1 replies · 509 views
over weight again help
Linda C. · 4 replies · 480 views