It was 1 yr 9/23/03

Julie M.
on 10/5/03 6:17 am - Maple Valley, WA
I am down 138# so far, from 320 to 182. My clothes are 14's, but getting a little large. I still have 22# to loose and when I went in for my 1 year check-up with my surgeon he told me that I needed to loose those last pounds before 15 months. Evidently, at that point my body will establish a new set point and loosing after that time will be viery difficult. He also was thrilled with my progress and had me show him my license so he could remember what I looked like presurgery. My life is so much better since the surgery. I am off most of the meds I took before. My joints are no longer painful. I take the stairs at work and other places and am rarely out of breath. Shopping is more fun, and I buy clothes in both the juniors and misses departments now (even if I am 56). My 24 year-old daughter and I are wearing the same size in many things. My husband (who was worried and not terribly supportive about the surgery prior to it) is thrilled with the new me. I am more outgoing and more confident. I have a new job where they never new me heavy and I love that my coworkers reactions to me and my work are based strictly on my capabilities not my weight. I can eat almost anything, but have to remember to chew very well for heavy foods or ones with skins (like apples). I still get periodic bouts of dry heaves and diahhrea, but if that is my trade off for the rest I will take it in a minute. Congrats to everyone else that has successfully made it to one year. For those of you considering surgery my advice is decide what you want out of the rest of your life and if you think surgery is right for you, go for it. I waited until I was 55 and my only regret is that I did not do it sooner. Julie in Maple Valley, WA Pre - 320 - 9/23/03 Now - 182 - 10/5/03 Goal - 160 - soon I hope (definitely before 12/23/03)
Amy L.
on 1/22/04 10:42 am
Julie, I wanted to drop you a quick note and say congratulations. Maybe you have helped me out. I have been freaking out because I haven't lost any weight since September and it is now January, so now I am guessing I am just SOL. I am stuck and am still going to be fat for the rest of my life. I was going to go to the doctor next month for a checkup nad to see if there was something wrong, but I guess I won't bother, I am just done loosing. Sorry to be venting towards you, I will let you be happy and I won't bother you anymore. Amy [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Weight Gain and Loss
Pat_Hallam · 0 replies · 530 views
Hey Out There
Charlie · 2 replies · 631 views
Gaining again!!
Cheryl B. · 1 replies · 510 views
over weight again help
Linda C. · 4 replies · 481 views